🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wonder how much of the horrific starts from Wilson are mental vs physical? Could a scheme asking him to simply penetrate make it easier for him? Or are his feet simply molded by cement. 

When he stunts inside, sometimes he just darts by the guard. He's quick

Just now, NYRaider said:

What kind of role does he play as a rookie? Does he eventually move into a starting role and push Chandler into more of a rotational player?

Vinny and Heidi offer some good insight:

They say he'll be in heavy rotation and hopefully can limit Jones' snaps to keep everyone fresher. He's certainly not a finished product so he'll need to be brought along semi slowly and thankfully won't be forced to play enormous snaps early. 

I expect he'll take over for Chandler at some point though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, reddevil said:

@NYRaider - curious why you’re now salty on him? I thought he was high on your board and I’m pretty sure you stated him as one of your preferred options in the lead up to the draft?

Just checked - and you had him 3rd on your big board….

I was mainly pissed that we passed on Jalen Carter. I'm fine with the pick now, I've just had rising concerns about his explosiveness off the edge but I'm hopeful he can develop into a stud.

Very happy with this pick. Love the player and the position choice, given the depth at CB and it looks like a sensible decision with the players still available day 2.

More then anything though I’m just thrilled that the raiders chose a player in the first round where he was projected to go. (Actually after where he was projected). Is this finally a regime who don’t reach for players? Let’s hope! 

• Like 1