🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sweeping judgments such as him looking like a reach…sounds more like observations Imo 

like I said he has Sunday night and we’ll give him all the reps his heart desires. I wanna see something. Not bosa plays but just look respectable look like you belong in the nfl. Show some shred of fundamental technique.
You think that’s honestly asking too much?

even cle as a rookie had a multi sack game iirc and a few other good games.

I don’t understand why you can’t understand that he wasn’t a reach. He was if anything. Projected to go higher than he did. You may very well be right about him being a bust, but in no way shape or form was he a reach. He was drafted where the perceived value was by almost the entire NFL world. It’s low key ignorant to call him a reach quite frankly. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Hard to say right now, Wilson is all projection at this stage for example but I can see potentially at least a couple decent starters in Mayers and I genuinely think Silvera has something. Young could be the kind of DT that’s not flashy but sticks around for a while, Bennett they’ve thrown straight in anyway and Smith was well regarded and may be a starter in time plus who knows what we have in AOC…….. 

Mayers is an athletically limited second round pick replacement for a more athletic guy that we already had that is the only gone because of beef with the head coach. Silvera is an undersized nose tackle which realistically I think can be found in virtually any draft. That's not even trying to slander; it's just being honest.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Mayers is an athletically limited second round pick replacement for a more athletic guy that we already had that is the only gone because of beef with the head coach. Silvera is an undersized nose tackle which realistically I think can be found in virtually any draft. That's not even trying to slander; it's just being honest.

Mayers is going to be a very solid player I believe. Give me a workhorse at TE over a show pony like Waller. Waller may or may not have fallen out with McDaniels but he just wasn’t on the field enough and when he was, he was a liability last year to be frank. If Garoppolo can get his arse in gear soon he’ll be just fine.

Silvera could I guess be described as undersized but I like to judge on what I see on the field rather than looking at his height and weight listings. He’s going to be a good player I believe, he plays with football strength (rather than weight room strength) and one thing rookies struggle with is leverage and holding the PoA and he has both. He has a lot to learn for sure but I think he has a future.

I think both have a decent to good chance to be starters moving forward. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Where have we heard that before lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I don’t understand why you can’t understand that he wasn’t a reach. He was if anything. Projected to go higher than he did. You may very well be right about him being a bust, but in no way shape or form was he a reach. He was drafted where the perceived value was by almost the entire NFL world. It’s low key ignorant to call him a reach quite frankly. 

Agree to disagree. I bought a brisket yesterday tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

My man! What are you smoking it with?

Tryna decide when ima do it just stumbled across it at the store yesterday so I had to grab it. Almost got a tamahawk steak but the old lady was giving me dirty looks. I’m smoking a meatloaf today yup on the smoker

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Tryna decide when ima do it just stumbled across it at the store yesterday so I had to grab it. Almost got a tamahawk steak but the old lady was giving me dirty looks. I’m smoking a meatloaf today yup on the smoker

Never done a smoked meatloaf so I’m adding that to my list. Think I’m going to do a few pork tenderloins for the game tonight. Very nice. Make sure you have that knife sharpened for trimming it because that fat cap can be gnarly!

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Never done a smoked meatloaf so I’m adding that to my list. Think I’m going to do a few pork tenderloins for the game tonight. Very nice. Make sure you have that knife sharpened for trimming it because that fat cap can be gnarly!

I was gonna try to leave it on this time lol bad idea huh lol

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Man there is nowhere to get any plum around here it seems. I do need to mess with some maple more. 

My tree guy is a arborist we have great convos about weather the environment etc. he owns a tree cutting business then he sells the wood. F’n genius. Every time it’s usually different wood. Gotta go see him soon before the rain starts. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I was gonna try to leave it on this time lol bad idea huh lol

Definitely take it off. If you leave it on it has a hard time breaking down and results in tough and unflavorful fat.   It’s just too much really and it doesn’t add but more so subtracts from the cut I’ve found.