🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

54 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yup. Imagine maxx with josh Allen on the other side or burns

Brian Burns should've been the pick. Dude was a freak athlete with elite production at a Power 5 school. 

Should've lost that game to the Chargers. 

Bosa / Maxx

We'd have 4 rings

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Brian Burns should've been the pick. Dude was a freak athlete with elite production at a Power 5 school. 

Should've lost that game to the Chargers. 

Bosa / Maxx

We'd have 4 rings

Should never have traded Mack…….could still have drafted Maxx as he was a 4th rounder. Those two should have been playing together for years sadly.

Also, isnt win/loss record solely on the QB??? 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Reminiscing what could have been is a waste of time imho.
Also you never know if the guys would have fulfilled ther potential when they got to us.

True. Schemes and environment are important to the development of players. It is why some FAs flop. 

The only exceptions would have been players that were already here and we let go 

2 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Also you never know if the guys would have fulfilled ther potential when they got to us.

Not so sure.

To quote Santayana; ‘those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it’

Please let us learn from the past that you don’t trade elite pass rushers in their prime 😁 

11 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Not so sure.

To quote Santayana; ‘those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it’

Please let us learn from the past that you don’t trade elite pass rushers in their prime 😁 

yeah, I mean of course we should learn from mistakes from the past.
My point is "don't dream about a different past"

• Like 1

I’ve been a believer that Wilson will be a solid contributor and key addition to the defense for years going forward 

I believe he does have pass rush moves but this reminds me of bigs once they get to the NBA. Centers and Forwards have post moves in college but when they get to the NBA it doesn’t work. The same with Wilson. The moves he was accustomed of doing in college don’t work in the NFL. This is something that coaching will need to help with 

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

yeah, I mean of course we should learn from mistakes from the past.
My point is "don't dream about a different past"

Yeh, you’re right but it’s tough knowing how things could have turned out do much different! The thing is, most of the terrible decisions we all knew at the time were terrible, so it’s extra gutting knowing we didn’t need hindsight 😞

5 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Yea but just showing you don’t need to trade the farm to get production sure might not have been on bosa level but staying put at 4 or with a slight trade down we could’ve picked josh or burns and I think everyone would be happy with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

We just need to hope he pans out to his draft expectations. I don't remember many of us being high on him, I know I wasn't.

I think most of us wanted either Carter or Gonzales which would have been the right choice.

Meh I stand on my Porter jr pick we needed him badly and seeing him wear #24 just double whammy for me again