πŸ”₯ Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy G was a baller in SF, went to the Super Bowl and an NFC championship. Hard to win or ball with mediocre coaches like JMD and AP.

Yawn you said he was a winner all off season and he fell flat on his face, keep pumping him though looks good lol

• Like 3

The issues with Ferrell were not fixable early on. He probably always be an average to above average player. He’s not bad but doesn’t have elite physical tools. Not the type of DE to be selected #4.Β 

Wilsons issues are coachable and should get better over time with development. He’s seems coachable too. The things that can’t be coached are natural skills. Once the football aspects click and combined with physical tools , we are going to have a good player on the defense.
Β 

This is how good defenses are built to last. Ravens, Steelers, 49ers, Patriots always seem to have good defenses.Β 

• Like 3

I'm willing to give dude time, but I ain't counting on him at all. The warning signs were there for all to see pre-draft. He had surgery, played against suspect competition in college, and his production still wasn't where you'd want an elite level talent to be.

Raiders were enamored with his freakish size and length and ignored all the warning signs. He still has the worst get off I've ever seen which still has to be worked on all off season, he lacks almost all the classic pass rush moves you'd expect from an elite level prospect playing the edge.Β 

He's got A TON to work on. People here I've noticed compare him to Ferrell but he ain't at Clelin's level. Clelin's get off was never that bad, and he had at least a few moves to try to get to the QB. Tyree has almost none except a bull rush which doesn't work.Β 

Clelin also produced in college against elite level competition. Something Tyree never saw. Then on top of it, he had a second surgery on the same foot.Β 

I don't know what the future holds for Tyree. I do know from what I've seen of him so far, it don't look good. This is going to be one hell of a test in regards to our patience as fans.

Edited by PhillyRaider
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 3:34 PM, Darbsk said:

β€œhe'll learn the pass rush moves but you can't deny the power, speed and strength which aren't teachable.”

I can and will deny the speed 😁

Sure, he may be fast in shorts on a track but in pads with a guy in front of him he’s positively pedestrian and that’s his problem. No explosion or agility or nuance. Hopefully he can improve all those traits but he’s far from an impact player at the moment. Obviously, we hope he improves but his best games are forgettable with an odd flash here or there.

Also, his power is not what it should be given his raw strength as he plays too upright and slow. If he can accelerate and leverage then the power will be evident, Maxx should be the perfect example of how it’s done.Β 

Wilson needs those shoes that make you walk on your calves. It's a toe raised at an angle. I remember them in volleyball. Also Willie Roaf walked on this toes like that. I tried that at Disneyland when I was in high school and it was difficult and a good soreness the next week. lol

23 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

ESPN Boxscore doesn’t have Wilson with any qb hits πŸ€”

All good I saw him with some pressures yesterday. The most important thing is for him to get bigger and develop more moves inside. A swim, rip, etc. A few of those with his length/power combo and he'll be a monster anywhere on the DL.

• Like 1