🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think his future is a rotational DT/Starter

Whats going to be hard to fathom is McDaniels passing on CJ Stroud trade then taking his Chandler like pass rusher who was injured coming into the draft

I think his future should be as a backup base end for a 3-4 team after we trade him. 

Edited by Darbsk

18 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

If Dave Ziegler becomes a GM again next season, expect him to trade for him: 

I think he could be half decent as 3-4 end playing as a run stopper if he’s 2 gapping. It’s like he’s doing that for us, just engaging the OT bull rush him a little bit waiting to see which gap the RB or QB goes to but then he doesn't disengage. I feel like the Pats, Ravens or Steelers could work with him and he might be able to stick there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

His main function might be pushing blockers into the backfield so that Maxx, Koonce and Wilkins can eat lol

The trouble is you can get that out of Clelin Ferrell (or equivalent) at much cheaper, you don’t draft a non pass rusher top 10, that is a cardinal sin.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

The trouble is you can get that out of Clelin Ferrell (or equivalent) at much cheaper, you don’t draft a non pass rusher top 10, that is a cardinal sin.

it's insanity we just finished the nightmare bust of Ferrell, just to draft Ferrell 2.0. Should have just kept Ferrell to stuff the run and draft BPA instead of trying to replace him. LOL

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I think he could be half decent as 3-4 end playing as a run stopper if he’s 2 gapping. It’s like he’s doing that for us, just engaging the OT bull rush him a little bit waiting to see which gap the RB or QB goes to but then he doesn't disengage. I feel like the Pats, Ravens or Steelers could work with him and he might be able to stick there.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Agreed. He probably has a career arch  like Tyson Alualau. 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Agreed. He probably has a career arch  like Tyson Alualau. 

he's prolly a 3-4 END, but I think he is best suited here as a early down DE, who kicks inside on passing downs as the UT. He did get production inside and I imagine he would improve. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

he's prolly a 3-4 END, but I think he is best suited here as a early down DE, who kicks inside on passing downs as the UT. He did get production inside and I imagine he would improve. 

I don’t think he’s a lost cause, he just isn’t the caliber player yet you expect to take at #7 overall.

Guys that push the push the pocket like has roles on defenses especially with players like a Maxx and Wilkins sharing the line

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

His main function might be pushing blockers into the backfield so that Maxx, Koonce and Wilkins can eat lol

Man....even that would be at least progress. 

He does more engaging and standing still than actually pushing anyone anywhere it seems lol

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I don’t think he’s a lost cause, he just isn’t the caliber player yet you expect to take at #7 overall.

Guys that push the push the pocket like has roles on defenses especially with players like a Maxx and Wilkins sharing the line

yeah, that was the year to trade up to get our QB in either Stroud or Richardson. I remember so many people making fun of me for wanting Richardson. They quiet now. Wilson is flopping to make it even worse. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nodisrespect said:

Yup he is a 5 tech, but base defense is nickel currently. So he doesn’t have much value.

He actually was getting some push yesterday playing inside. He definitely is an inside guy at this point and showed some nice pass rush from the inside last year. He's being miscast. He's not nearly twitchy enough to play edge, but he is athletic for a DT and is a guard mismatch to some extent. I think having him continue to add weight/strength to play inside would be the best thing for this team and for his career.

Obviously, none of us drafted him and most of us felt that there were better players to be had in the draft where we took him. That being said, he's on the team and we should try to develop him to a role that fits his strengths/weaknesses.

• Like 1