Titans Pick Peter Skoronski #11 Overall

TitanLegend

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I expect us to draft a RB at some point in this draft.  It's a deep class, and that's a position where you can get guys on Day 3 that will actually play.

49ers are a RB by committee type team too, and we didn't sign anyone new this offseason, so expect another RB to get added.

I really hope we trade down to gain an extra pick or two. I think a late round RB and/or OL could be a valuable piece and end up a contributor. 

Even if he pencils in as a guard it seems he would almost certain be our swing tackle and move over if Dillard got hurt. With his versatility we won’t have another Daley like experiment coming thankfully and Vrabel likes jamarco so he would be the back up guard to fill in.  The versatility is nice with our injury struggles lately with both him and burnskill. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I really hope we trade down to gain an extra pick or two. I think a late round RB and/or OL could be a valuable piece and end up a contributor. 

I think this RB class is all over the map for who goes when, but yeah, a trade back would be nice with so many receivers and TEs we could use on the board.  Then we could pick a RB a little earlier.  I think Charbonnet, Spears, and Achane are the likely Day 2 picks.  After that, things get all over the place.  But being able to pick up a fourth and get someone like Kendre Miller or Eric Gray or Roschon Johnson would be a nice complement to the offense.

Can Skoronski play OT with 32 inch arms.

I present exhibit A, B, C, D, E and F.

Michael Roos NFL Combine Stats

Measurables

Height: 78.63 inches
Weight: 320 pounds
BMI: 37.27
Arm Length: 32.00 inches
Hand Size: 9.13 inches
Wingspan: (N/A) inches
Birthdate: 10/5/1982

Case Closed

Season 5 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 5

Just now, KingTitan said:

Measurables

Case Closed

Schwartz and Manyweather say the arm size thing is entirely overblown, and I don't know if there's anyone in the media better at evaluating o-line than them, particularly Manyweather. Dude seems to nail his projections as far as college players transitioning to the NFL.

• Like 1

Roos and Brad Hopkins weighed in for Paul Kuharsky as well:

Roos is currently golfing in Ireland but was kind enough to swap texts.

“I don’t think arm length is as big a factor as it’s made,” he said. “Sure (defenders) can get hands on someone sooner, but placement is more important. And not giving up your hands to a defender is key in my opinion.”

Said Hopkins: "Guys with short arms sometimes do a better job not getting grabbed initially because they know their arms are shorter. I watched him knock defenders hands down and splash guys that tried to grab him."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Measurables

Case Closed

idk where you got that info from but i’m not sure it’s correct. this lists michael roos as having average arms for an nfl OT at 33 5/8”.  https://sports.yahoo.com/news/behind-measurements-height-vs-arm-170300627--nfl.html

not to say i don’t think the arm length thing is overblown though. i think he’ll have every chance to succeed at tackle. braden smith of the colts isn’t elite but he’s a very good starting tackle who has the exact same arm length as skoronski.

Edited by -Hope-

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

idk where you got that info from but i’m not sure it’s correct. this lists michael roos as having average arms for an nfl OT at 33 5/8”.  https://sports.yahoo.com/news/behind-measurements-height-vs-arm-170300627--nfl.html

Think that article is just inaccurate. Kuharsky spoke with Roos about picking Skoronski and mentioned in his article that Roos had 32 inch arms as well.

Measured 32 inches at the combine as well according to this: https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=7243

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Think that article is just inaccurate. Kuharsky spoke with Roos about picking Skoronski and mentioned in his article that Roos had 32 inch arms as well.

Measured 32 inches at the combine as well according to this: https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=7243

i’m just wary of some of those old measurements- i looked around awhile back on some of these sites when i was curious about precedent for skoronski’s arms at tackle and there was a lot of conflicting info out there. it went around for a long time that joe thomas had 32 inch arms (might still be on his wikipedia page, iirc) and that ended up being totally false according to Thomas himself lol. i wouldn’t be surprised if kuharsky got his number from the same source, but i wonder whether he actually confirmed with roos.

at the end of the day it’s extreme draft-season nitpicking. i say try the kid at tackle and see what he’s got!

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Schwartz and Manyweather say the arm size thing is entirely overblown, and I don't know if there's anyone in the media better at evaluating o-line than them, particularly Manyweather. Dude seems to nail his projections as far as college players transitioning to the NFL.

Saw someone a while ago discuss a potential pick by the Bears at 9, I think. Their argument was you probably don’t draft a guy that high if you think of him as a guard. Argument holds for 11th as well. 

Sure, there’s a chance he might move to guard, I guess. But he’s a solid NFL T prospect, and for as much as I know about scouting OL, he was honestly the one I wanted the most.

I think Skor can be fine as an OT but my question is if he can be elite.  Edge rushers are bigger, longer and faster now than they were in the past.  I really hope we get lucky with Dillard enough to have Skor play OG and be a standout there.  That is the best scenario.  

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Measurables

Case Closed

This is truth. The arm length thing is beyond stupid. 

Skoronski imo if you add it all up was the best overall offensive lineman in the draft. He also has a very high floor to go with a high ceiling.

To get him at 11 was a blessing and honestly lucky.

Edited by Titan89

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

He fell entirely out of the first round. Every team has deemed him unworthy of a first round pick. I think it’s pretty clear that scouts and talent evaluators never felt nearly as highly as some couch scouts did.

Lamar fell to #32 and "evaluators" saw Mayfield and Darnold as better options early.  Levis might end up being a dud but you don't get many chances at drafting one that has a chance.  Past the 2nd round the odds get real low.

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

He has always been the man. 
I say he is LT until he isn't. 

They’re saying he’s the next Zach Martin if that’s the case I’ll take it. I see more Marshal Yanda An all pro G that retired from the ravens. He’s nasty a technician that moves people & gets to the 2nd level. Though I hate taking G with a high pick in the 1st round I don’t hate the pick I just feel it is what it is. 😩