Titans Pick Peter Skoronski #11 Overall

TitanLegend

I'm actually really happy with this pick. A great consolation prize after the disappointment of missing out on Stroud. I had Skoronski as my number one OL at the beginning of the offseason. Kinda cooled on him a bit as the process went on, but I still think he's going to be a really solid 10-year plus starter whether that's at Guard or Tackle. Just feels like a can't miss type of prospect. If he ends up turning into an all-pro LT for us especially which is definitely still in his realm of possibilities despite the arm length concerns (Joe Thomas had short arms too), it's a homerun pick at 11. Either way, I'm feeling a lot better about our Oline heading into the season now than I was at the beginning of the day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Two things….

1) I certainly think this played a factor in the pick. Go back to JRob’s first pick it was “safe” pick in Conklin over Tunsil.

2) In a draft many thought lacked the blue chip guys, getting one at 11 was big.

I came in here to post that exact quote. Because that’s exactly what it feels like. It’s almost impossible for an interior lineman (assuming he’s a guard) to be a home run, but it does seem like a safe single or double. Kind of reminds me of Conklin as Robinson’s first pick.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I've been hurt before by a can't miss prospect that could play OG. 

That's what's been going through my mind.  No surprise, because I've said it a lot, but I was not a fan of Skoronski as a prospect.  And this pick gives me very strong Warmack vibes.

I don't think he's built to be a tackle: he's short for a tackle, and his arms are crazy short for a tackle, and it shows on tape.  And if he's a guard, we just spent the 11th overall pick on a guard in a deep OL class.

Even worse, I think he's drastically overrated as a prospect.  His Iowa tape wasn't on Youtube (Van Ness had 1.5 TFLs and a sack in that game though, so I don't have high hopes), but other than that, the best Edges he faced this season are Penn State and Ohio State, and both of them kicked his ***.  I know his Michigan tape from 2021 was supposedly really good, but when two out of two good opponents result in bad games, it's not promising.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel great about it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That's what's been going through my mind.  No surprise, because I've said it a lot, but I was not a fan of Skoronski as a prospect.  And this pick gives me very strong Warmack vibes.

why, because he's a guard? should we never draft a top IOL prospect ever again because of chance warmack? jesus guys they're completely different players and entirely dissimilar prospects selected a literal decade apart lmao. this goes beyond battered fan syndrome, i don't even know what to call it.

Edited by -Hope-

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

why, because he's a guard? should we never draft a top IOL prospect ever again because of chance warmack? jesus guys they're completely different players and entirely dissimilar prospects selected a literal decade apart lmao. this goes beyond battered fan syndrome, i don't even know what to call it.

It's more that it's someone considered a universally safe guard that I don't think looks that safe.

I'm not as worried as I was about Warmack, because Skoronski is at least athletic, and isn't limited solely to playing the right side.  But I had him ranked OT 7, and OG 4.  Would you feel good about the Titans drafting the fourth best guard prospect in the class 11th?

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

It's more that it's someone considered a universally safe guard that I don't think looks that safe.

I'm not as worried as I was about Warmack, because Skoronski is at least athletic, and isn't limited solely to playing the right side.  But I had him ranked OT 7, and OG 4.  Would you feel good about the Titans drafting the fourth best guard prospect in the class 11th?

no, but i also wouldn't compare him to warmack because, like i said, they're nothing alike as players. the only reason to compare him to warmack is that you're somehow still traumatized by a draft pick made when mike munchak was our head coach.

8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

no, but i also wouldn't compare him to warmack because, like i said, they're nothing alike as players. the only reason to compare him to warmack is that you're somehow still traumatized by a draft pick made when mike munchak was our head coach.

No, I compare him to Warmack because, like I said, it feels eerily similar in that it's a pick at a low value position, high in the draft, that I don't feel good about the player, despite the consensus opinion.

24 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Completely different players. Chance never had a shot in hades of playing OT. 
Peter can play OT, but because his arms are inches shorter than people would like, they want to move him to OG. He has dominated as an OT. 
Go back and look at Chance at Alabama and ha was a slow plodding player.

Skoronski is nothing of the sort. Quick, fast feet. I am by no means a defender of taking OL early, but compare him to Chance is foolish to me.