1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

7 hours ago, GermanVike said:

If the accusation turns out to be true, the team should suspend him for a couple of games. It's just a bad signal to be driving under the influence not even a week since his teammate was killed by a drunk driver.

But let's see how the situation develops. 

That last detail is the most important.  While it's certainly a bad look, there is no evidence thus far to indicate that he was indeed intoxicated. If he was, shame on him...but, evenso, we need more details before jumping to conclusions (which we also saw a lot of this last weekend in a different incident).  There could be any number of explanations...for all we know, he could simply have determined that he was too tired to go any further...and made the extremely poor decision to just pull over and partially "block a lane" (which may not be the actual case, because in my past, my car had a problem which caused me to pull off the freeway, and stop on the side of the offramp...and they called that blocking a lane).  Until those details emerge, any suggestion of cutting him (which I know you didn't say, but I have seen said elsewhere) says more about the  judgment of the person suggesting it than what we know about his. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

That last detail is the most important.  While it's certainly a bad look, there is no evidence thus far to indicate that he was indeed intoxicated. If he was, shame on him...but, evenso, we need more details before jumping to conclusions (which we also saw a lot of this last weekend in a different incident).  There could be any number of explanations...for all we know, he could simply have determined that he was too tired to go any further...and made the extremely poor decision to just pull over and partially "block a lane" (which may not be the actual case, because in my past, my car had a problem which caused me to pull off the freeway, and stop on the side of the offramp...and they called that blocking a lane).  Until those details emerge, any suggestion of cutting him (which I know you didn't say, but I have seen said elsewhere) says more about the  judgment of the person suggesting it than what we know about his. 

while i too champion the case of "let's hear all the details first," he was charged by officers with suspicion of DUI, correct? i would hope an officer bases that on more than just being asleep inside a parked car.

he was not charged with negligence in operating a vehicle (while apparently sober.)

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

If he indeed was drunk behind the wheel, it shows an incredible lack of awareness by Addison.

at the very least, an incredible immaturity. at the other end of the spectrum of possibilities, he could be a true alcoholic.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

while i too champion the case of "let's hear all the details first," he was charged by officers with suspicion of DUI, correct? i would hope an officer bases that on more than just being asleep inside a parked car.

he was not charged with negligence in operating a vehicle (while apparently sober.)

When it comes to urban city police, I don't believe anything any longer. While I trust that the great majority of them are honest and hard-working (as I do with the general populace), there's been enough bad apples to make me question them all without knowing the details. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, swede700 said:

When it comes to urban city police, I don't believe anything any longer. While I trust that the great majority of them are honest and hard-working (as I do with the general populace), there's been enough bad apples to make me question them all without knowing the details. 

It could be the case of officers following dumb, outdated policies.

I'm not saying that's the case here, but when you work with bad organizations (and we know there are some bad police departments out there), these things tend to happen. 

I hope this isn't the case and i'll leave it at that. 

21 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

8 days after his teammate is killed. What a loser human if he was drunk. . If so, Trade him. 

You know one of the veterans are going to give him an earful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

There are only a few reasons why someone is found asleep behind the wheel in an intersection. Intoxication and medical issues are by far the most common reasons, and it doesn't look like he left in an ambulance...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, swede700 said:

way over the site line here, my man.

17 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

It could be the case of officers following dumb, outdated policies.

I'm not saying that's the case here, but when you work with bad organizations (and we know there are some bad police departments out there), these things tend to happen. 

I hope this isn't the case and i'll leave it at that. 

hopefully next time you won't take your shot and then say you won't take another one. just don't take any.

let's all be dedicated to not letting this devolve into a discussion, or even mention, of police culture.

it's not what this site is for.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

hopefully next time you won't take your shot and then say you won't take another one. just don't take any.

let's all be dedicated to not letting this devolve into a discussion, or even mention, of police culture.

it's not what this site is for.

I agree.  The conversation needs to be on the behavior and choices of Jordan Addison.  I am not ready to judge him until I know more facts.  Right now, it's a really bad look for him...especially after the speeding situation last year. I think we can all agree that Addison needs to make better decisions, especially when he's behind the wheel of a car.

• Like 1

Let's keep the talk centered/focused on Addison and how the Vikings are impacted. Let's leave the thoughts on the police out of it.

Very very disappointing news given the recent circumstances. July is not a good month for Addison, he needs to grow up and make way better decisions. 

• Like 2