Draft Day 2

MdTitansFan56

With how the board is sitting right now, I would have honestly felt great about yesterday after the fact if we traded down from 81 back into the early 4th to add a couple picks today and 1 next year. I can get behind Levis, but knowing our lack of draft picks the rest of today and next year is rough right now.

Could have traded down to the early 4th and drafted Tyler Scott or AT Perry. Add an IOL, edge, CB, and Ryland.

I love 20-20 hindsight games about things I have no control over.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Don't think the Colts addressed their line. 

Texans were still a horrible team and their line is still their line. 

Jags have to repeat. They the favorites but I don't think the South is crazy out of reach. 

I agree with that. With Vrabel coaching I feel like we will always be right there. That said, I am scared of him making all these personnel decisions if this is him this offseason lol 

I think I'm to the point of trading Tannehill, Byard, and Henry now though as much as that would hurt for whatever we can get. We HAVE to give Levis weapons next year.

30 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

KT, no offense but we could’ve drafted 3 kickers so far and you would’ve found a way to spin it to a positive. NWI is currently our #2 receiver and that likely isn’t changing. Hell, Burks probably shouldn’t even be WR1. This offense is a disaster. Spending a 3rd round pick on a backup RB with no ACL and arthritis is a Robinson type pick. I thought that clown was gone?

No offense taken. 

But naw even I'm not that positive lol 

Really not a fan on picking Skronkski but I can see he a really good player who I think will play OT. 

Maybe because I didn't look into it much but didn't know Spears until we drafted him. 

I just heard about how great a RB he is. 

But we shall see. 

11 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

Our signings canceled out any picks we would get unfortunately.

That's what I originally thought, but this said we are still in line for a 4th.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/16/2023-nfl-free-agency-titans-compensatory-picks/

But Nick Korte from Over the Cap said we're in line for a 6th most recently.

I’ve been saying this since the beginning & I’ll say it again; Vrabel is Fisher 2.0. He doesn’t bring innovation or change to the game, he simply wants to win 1 way running the football & playing bend but don’t break defense. We’re going to waste the prime of Henry & Byard & receive nothing in return. The only reason he’s praised so much is because we took advantage of playing in a weak division.. I can’t wait for this new stadium to be build an Amy is wondering why it’s half empty & fans not supporting the titans, then she’ll get the picture & give us what we want. 

I am just confused. Like it feels like we have no plan. If we moved on from Tannehill, I could start to understand the direction we are going in. But Idk man. This half in half out **** makes no sense.

Knee jerk reacting to picks individually is whatever. I really gotta see things play out. I am really indifferent to each pick. I can see the potential in all of them.

I am not as upset about the receiver situation because I honestly think this class of receivers is whack. 

My whole thing is, figure out what you want to be and do it. This half out the door Tannehill taking QBs 2nd and 3rd every year for now two years now and wasting another 3rd in the process doing it makes no sense.

With are depth situation and now looking at next years picks situation, the future looks a bit scary.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Personally I'm going to wait until the season starts and see what the final picture looks like. .

Even if this is the final roster I'll see how they play. 

We all have our wishes and plans for what we would have done. 

I would have traded up to #1. But that's me. 

We shall see if they make a trade for a WR. Everyone hated that draft until Julio came in the picture. Didn't work out but people were good. 

I personally am good. I get those that aren't. Just glad I'm not one. 

I wanted a new QB got it. Wanted some OL help. Got it. 

Didn't get the wr early but see what they walk away with.  

But as far as the presser. I haven't watched it. Sounds like I don't really need to. What they gonna say? We hate our draft and our players we picked? Lol 

Titan up. 

We have selected our future and gonna root them on until I have no reason not too. Same with Carthon and Vrabel. 

What’s the plan, tho? I get all of this is knee jerk and if these draft picks all hit, then everything will be hunky dory. But this is how I see things right now…and I understand next year isn’t gonna be a competitive season regardless …

since the offseason began we have…

-addressed two spots on OL in FA

-replaced like for like players at ILB and edge

-resigned Simmons (amazing)

-replaced a mediocre robert Woods with a lesser player in Moore, otherwise have done zero at WR position. 

-drafted a guard 11th overall, passing on JSN

-traded up for a qb that even the most optimistic ppl don’t consider capable of winning SB (hope someone can correct me if I’m wrong here). Also missed out on 5th year option 

-said QB is also our second fav at best. We didn’t even have him above the other QBs

-drafted a RB that doctors fear can’t play beyond a few more years 

What’s the plan? To me, it only makes sense to trade Ryan and just give Levis the keys right now, but it doesn’t sound like we are gonna do that.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

What’s the plan, tho? I get all of this is knee jerk and if these draft picks all hit, then everything will be hunky dory. But this is how I see things right now…and I understand next year isn’t gonna be a competitive season regardless …

since the offseason began we have…

-addressed two spots on OL in FA

-replaced like for like players at ILB and edge

-resigned Simmons (amazing)

-replaced a mediocre robert Woods with a lesser player in Moore, otherwise have done zero at WR position. 

-drafted a guard 11th overall, passing on JSN

-traded up for a qb that even the most optimistic ppl don’t consider capable of winning SB (hope someone can correct me if I’m wrong here). Also missed out on 5th year option 

-said QB is also our second fav at best. We didn’t even have him above the other QBs

-drafted a RB that doctors fear can’t play beyond a few more years 

What’s the plan? To me, it only makes sense to trade Ryan and just give Levis the keys right now, but it doesn’t sound like we are gonna do that.

I think the plan is building towards next year while trying to be as competitive as possible this year. 

Unless they trade the big 3 then that's what I think. Otherwise Levis and Spears are just backups. 

I can see Levis starting by the end of the year. 

Henry farewell tour. 

At WR don't know. Ran talked about how deep the draft is at WR. So I'm assuming they have some nicely rated players on the board that are going to be late picks. 

If we are going to run the offense like we always have.  Then unfortunately WR isn't highly valued. 

If ran and his analytic crew can identify people that will do the job accordingly similar to how he talked about the Niners RB being the best zone runner and got him late. 

See if his style of scouting and drafting works. 

We came to know they Vrabel will find a decent to  good LB and make him GameDay ready. Robinson tended to find good UDFAs. 

I'll just wait and see if Ran's style works. It's not how you or I would do it but since when has the Titans ever done anything we'd do lol 

Vrabel still has equity built as a good coach and able to make a team better than they should. 

I'm waiting and seeing. 

Our offense “values” having WRs tho, as any offense would

even JRob invested a first in Davis, a second in AJ. Then effed up trading AJ, but spent a first on Burks.

While other offenses certainly force feed more than we do, AJ still “got his” in Tennessee. Robinson just screwed the pooch

Vrabel understands the importance of the WR position and the “offense” we run isn’t much of an offense without WRs, as we’ve seen.

just a bad job so far from Ran and Vrabel, IMO. Looking at it holistically now … I don’t get the idea of “prepping for next year”. What’s next year?

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Our offense “values” having WRs tho, as any offense would

even JRob invested a first in Davis, a second in AJ. Then effed up trading AJ, but spent a first on Burks.

While other offenses certainly force feed more than we do, AJ still “got his” in Tennessee. Robinson just screwed the pooch

Vrabel understands the importance of the WR position and the “offense” we run isn’t much of an offense without WRs, as we’ve seen.

just a bad job so far from Ran and Vrabel, IMO. Looking at it holistically now … I don’t get the idea of “prepping for next year”. What’s next year?

levis starts, we bolster an improved OL even more into a genuine strength, and we go all in on adding playmakers. at least, that's what i'd do if i was a sane person working with what we've got at this moment. knowing us, NWI will somehow be our WR1.