Jets Select C/OG Joe Tippman Round 2 Pick 43

jetsfan4life51

qcp7hrphnxoxdodwiwuu

After all the buzz surrounding JMS and the Jets setting up those visits, they go Tippman.  Very smart, very athletic and the versatility to play Center and Guard.

Is he too tall for Center? Creed Humphrey says hello. The knock is he tends to end up on the ground often but that sounds like something that can be coached.  Either way this is a great pick for the Jets.  Rodgers is shifty enough and releases the ball quick enough to alleviate edge pressure.  But if we have the same issues up the middle, he's in for a beating.  Originally, I wanted OL who have one position, but after missing out on Jones now we have AVT and Tippman who can slide around if needed.

He's not too tall for a center. If a QB can't see over that, they would be in trouble every time a 6'5 DL showed up. 

He has work to do technique-wise, but I like this pick. We have a new OL coach and plenty of vets to learn from. I think he's in a great position here. I'm excited about his athletic ability. His next-level blocking and ability to roll out will be huge. It's harder for older QBs to escape pressure from the inside. So I'm glad we made the move. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

He's not too tall for a center. If a QB can't see over that, they would be in trouble every time a 6'5 DL showed up. 

He has work to do technique-wise, but I like this pick. We have a new OL coach and plenty of vets to learn from. I think he's in a great position here. I'm excited about his athletic ability. His next-level blocking and ability to roll out will be huge. It's harder for older QBs to escape pressure from the inside. So I'm glad we made the move. 

Yes I think we may be okay so far.  CMG, AVT, Tippman, Tomlinson plus our other depth can all play inside.

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes I think we may be okay so far.  CMG, AVT, Tippman, Tomlinson plus our other depth can all play inside.

CMG can easily be a backup at his price tag as well, he is getting a 1 yr $1.91 mil deal. 

I felt like our OL was missing a great center.  We kept striking out with them. 

We are set up well interior.