2.50 - Jayden Reed [WR; Michigan State]

CWood21

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

If he isn't, he is 100% in the conversation with Addison, Flowers and Dell.  Rice is coming on strong now.  JSN is pretty consistent, too.  

Yea, early but for year 1, Reed is in the conversation. Some of these guys just have different skill sets too. Dell has been an impressive down-the-field WR, maybe the best of the class. Great speed and tracks the ball very well. Addison seems well rounded and probably the best route runner of the group so far. Flowers is lightning in a bottle. Reed is pretty good at everything but may not be great at any one thing. Time will tell. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, early but for year 1, Reed is in the conversation. Some of these guys just have different skill sets too. Dell has been an impressive down-the-field WR, maybe the best of the class. Great speed and tracks the ball very well. Addison seems well rounded and probably the best route runner of the group so far. Flowers is lightning in a bottle. Reed is pretty good at everything but may not be great at any one thing. Time will tell. 

I'm gonna put Wicks in there, too.  I really like that kid.

We very well may take a WR high in this coming draft, but it will not be out of need.  I really like that WR room and they appear to be gaining confidence and growing now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

We very well may take a WR high in this coming draft, but it will not be out of need.  I really like that WR room and they appear to be gaining confidence and growing now.

I like the room too, but we've seen guys in the past show things, but then not be able to grow further in their development.  I think of guys like Allison, Boykin, MVS, etc.  A couple of these guys probably don't have the ceiling to reach #1 or #2 status .. or at least not elite #1 or #2 status.  I'd still be in the market for a guy that screams future #1 WR.

Agree with both posts.  With 5 top-85 picks, if there's a high-end receiver that they like and classifies as BPA, that would be great.  Getting somebody who becomes truly elite would be awesome.  

But yeah, I like the group as is, Wicks very much included.  If they don't see a BPA WR before day 3, there will be no urgency to draft somebody. 

Draft picks are so few and so precious, they will have plenty of other places on which to burn their five picks in round 1-2-3.  

Jayden Reed is on pace (barely) to be the first rookie since Sterling Sharpe in 1988 to lead the Packers in receiving yards. He is 8 yards ahead of Doubs. Sharpe had 761 yards and 1 TD in 16 games. Reed is on pace for 727 yards in 17 games and already has 5TD's. 

• Like 2

On 11/27/2023 at 2:37 PM, vegas492 said:

If he isn't, he is 100% in the conversation with Addison, Flowers and Dell.  Rice is coming on strong now.  JSN is pretty consistent, too.  

You forgot Nacua, who is on pace for the most catches and yards of any rookie WR in the history of the league I think. 

• Like 3

On 11/27/2023 at 1:48 PM, vegas492 said:

Earlier in the year I was down for a WR early. Now, it's more of a luxury than a need. I like the 5 we have. I like what Heath is bringing to the table as well. 

16 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Jayden Reed is on pace (barely) to be the first rookie since Sterling Sharpe in 1988 to lead the Packers in receiving yards. He is 8 yards ahead of Doubs. Sharpe had 761 yards and 1 TD in 16 games. Reed is on pace for 727 yards in 17 games and already has 5TD's. 

Sharpe (who should be in the HOF) was catching passes from Don Majkowski. 

20 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Earlier in the year I was down for a WR early. Now, it's more of a luxury than a need. I like the 5 we have. I like what Heath is bringing to the table as well. 

It's an odd group to label...our Wr room.

I dig what we have.  I long for a true #1.

I thought it was Doubs.  Maybe it still is.

I thought it would take Watson till year 4 to really understand how to play WR.  That may happen a lot quicker.

Wicks and Reed look better than Doubs and Watson did as rookies.  And that is saying something.

I feel like MLF and Love will show us who is the true #1.  But odds are we could have 4 #1 WR's.  Or 4 #2 WR's.  Either way, it is scary.

I'm still not opposed to taking another one, if it makes sense.  Kind of like adding a talent like Randy Moss to a WR room with Cris Carter and Jake Reed.

But to me, that is only MHJ in this draft.  And we've screwed the pooch in terms of being able to draft him with these past two wins.  

If we cannot get MHJ, I'm totally cool and elated, actually, to roll with Watson, Doubs, Reed, Wicks and Heath.  Even Dubose looked really good in camp when he could play.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I thought it would take Watson till year 4 to really understand how to play WR.  That may happen a lot quicker.

Wicks and Reed look better than Doubs and Watson did as rookies.  And that is saying something.

I feel like MLF and Love will show us who is the true #1.  But odds are we could have 4 #1 WR's.  Or 4 #2 WR's.  Either way, it is scary.

I'm still not opposed to taking another one, if it makes sense.  Kind of like adding a talent like Randy Moss to a WR room with Cris Carter and Jake Reed.

But to me, that is only MHJ in this draft.  And we've screwed the pooch in terms of being able to draft him with these past two wins.  

If we cannot get MHJ, I'm totally cool and elated, actually, to roll with Watson, Doubs, Reed, Wicks and Heath.  Even Dubose looked really good in camp when he could play.

If and that's a huge IF .. Watson stays healthy as the past couple games can become a #1 wr.  He has the size and speed for it but has to improve on his health, hands and aggressiveness. 

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'd be fine with us having 7 guys with 500+ yards and 4+ TDs each. Watson, Reed, Doubs, Wicks, Heath, Musgrave and Kraft. 

Hard for a DC to account for everyone when everyone can beat you. 

• Like 1