2.50 - Jayden Reed [WR; Michigan State]

CWood21

21 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

If and that's a huge IF .. Watson stays healthy as the past couple games can become a #1 wr.  He has the size and speed for it but has to improve on his health, hands and aggressiveness. 

He basically serves the same purpose as a #1 currently. He draws a double team pretty consistently which opens up the underneath stuff for the rest of the guys. 

• Like 3

Why does someone have to be a 1 or a 2 why can't they be a WR room and group. I value the whole of this group much more than the single piece at any one sport. They work well together and Love will benefit greatly from spreading it around to all of them and ensuring they all get theirs. Heck even the TE group looks good. But who cares about the labels the group is finally starting to put it together the less likely we have a 1 and a bunch of good WR's we'll be a better team for it. Reminds me so much of Jennings, Jones, Driver Nelson and Cobb.......all good, all solid and all really good teammates for each other. Very complimentary. 

9 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

Why does someone have to be a 1 or a 2 why can't they be a WR room and group. I value the whole of this group much more than the single piece at any one sport. They work well together and Love will benefit greatly from spreading it around to all of them and ensuring they all get theirs. Heck even the TE group looks good. But who cares about the labels the group is finally starting to put it together the less likely we have a 1 and a bunch of good WR's we'll be a better team for it. Reminds me so much of Jennings, Jones, Driver Nelson and Cobb.......all good, all solid and all really good teammates for each other. Very complimentary. 

It's a media and ff driven narrative that a lot of fans have integrated into their fandom.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spartacus said:

He basically serves the same purpose as a #1 currently. He draws a double team pretty consistently which opens up the underneath stuff for the rest of the guys. 

Huge factor.  None of our other guys commands the same level of attention.  Will be interesting to see how it rolls moving forward this season without Watson.  Watson and Musgrave both created downfield threats that aren't the same without them.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kepler said:

It's a media and ff driven narrative that a lot of fans have integrated into their fandom.

Agreed I'd rather just have a strong unit like in past years. Much easier to spread the ball around with more then just that number 1 guy. Media be dammed they are dumb ***** anyway. 

28 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Agreed I'd rather just have a strong unit like in past years. Much easier to spread the ball around with more then just that number 1 guy. Media be dammed they are dumb ***** anyway. 

I'm looking at it long term, as in, who is re-signed?  Not that decisions need to be made now, or next year, but when those decisions are coming, they are coming fast for that room.

Without going into who can do what right now, my guess is that time will sort everything out.

But here we are...off-season talk last year was about how wrecked that WR room was.  And now?  The talk is about how solid it is and how crazy high the ceiling is for at least 4 of those players, if not 5.

In terms of drafting, I'll wager that we will not be close enough to sniff MHJ.  And while we could trade up for him, that would be dumb.  So....in this draft I wouldn't draft a WR.  I'd roll with that 5 and Dubose in camp while bringing in UDFA's.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm looking at it long term, as in, who is re-signed?  Not that decisions need to be made now, or next year, but when those decisions are coming, they are coming fast for that room.

Without going into who can do what right now, my guess is that time will sort everything out.

But here we are...off-season talk last year was about how wrecked that WR room was.  And now?  The talk is about how solid it is and how crazy high the ceiling is for at least 4 of those players, if not 5.

In terms of drafting, I'll wager that we will not be close enough to sniff MHJ.  And while we could trade up for him, that would be dumb.  So....in this draft I wouldn't draft a WR.  I'd roll with that 5 and Dubose in camp while bringing in UDFA's.

Looking into a crystal ball........................ Musgrave, Reed are going to be the two must re-signs. Watson a no brainer if he whips his hammy issues. Otherwise, his hammy situation could turn him into Sammy Watkins. 

BUT, it's a long way between now and those decisions so who knows. 

Good news is we have two more years to enjoy what this group can become. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Agreed Vegas, time sorts those things out. I would believe that some will want to chase dollars and if we are as good as we can be they will chase titles together as a group. Will be hard to do but without any of them claiming that top spot they may come cheaper. 

As for the next draft I think the room is pretty set for the most part they are 5 deep even Toure can't see the field these days. RB, OL maybe some late round gems to push the bottom guys. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Looking into a crystal ball........................ Musgrave, Reed are going to be the two must re-signs. Watson a no brainer if he whips his hammy issues. Otherwise, his hammy situation could turn him into Sammy Watkins. 

BUT, it's a long way between now and those decisions so who knows. 

Good news is we have two more years to enjoy what this group can become. 

I dig your crystal ball.  And yeah, it is a long time.

After thinking about the WR room, there's just too much potential there to try to label anyone right now.  Which is the point another poster was making.  

I'm hopeful that Wicks can develop into the true #1 WR that I want on the club.  Big.  Win quick.  Smart.  Great routes.  Strong hands.  But that is just me.

Obviously Watson has elite traits that I hope develop.

I still view Reed as a great compliment.

And I'm still feeling like Doubs has high end potential.

Musgrave?  Oh.  Hell.  Yah.  Dig him.  Great pick.

It's a nice place to be for the draft.  No need for WR or TE.  But *IF* there's a guy you like, let BPA do it's thing.  

I don't expect any WR before the practice-squad late rounds.  But *IF* they BPA'd somebody sooner, a draftee's second year would sync with the expiring year for Doubs and Watson.  It's going to come so fast that these young guys will be hitting the $$$ and we'll need to be letting some go!  

• Like 1

Looks like the us having him timed faster in the 40 thing was probably super legit.

Saw the fastest ball carriers stat (MPH reached) for this year a couple days ago and Reed was the 7th fastest player so far.

Tyreek, Achane, and Moesert, DK and KW3, and Jamar Chase are the only guys who have a higher MPH according to NextGen Stats so far this season.

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Just a general WR question for this year....

Do we have a receiver who has gone over 100 yards in a game yet?  Receiving yards only?

Doubs 95 vs. Lions in week 4 and Watson 94 vs. Lions week 12 closest we've gotten. 

Also, 7 different players have had the most receiving yards in a game for us. 

Green Bay Packers 2023 Regular Season NFL Schedule - ESPN

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1