Bears select Gervon Dexter - Rd. 2, #53 overall

beardown3231

This makes me actually feel much better about him.....and possibly goes a long way to explain why his film was so "meh" and hot/cold... If I'm understanding this right he was basically schemed to kind of just be in the way rather than push upfield.

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

This makes me actually feel much better about him.....and possibly goes a long way to explain why his film was so "meh" and hot/cold... If I'm understanding this right he was basically schemed to kind of just be in the way rather than push upfield.

Nichols was asked same in college and why they thought he would be better on Bears.  And he was.  In flashes.  Good enough he got a FA deal. 

Dexter is a better athlete/prospect than Nichols was. Which bodes well. 

Upside to be pretty good player.  Will be at least average from jump I think. 

8 hours ago, Epyon said:

Came here to post this. It explains his slow get off. Nothing but green lights now 

11 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Hes a guy i read absolutely nothing about. So im going off y'all's reaction. It seems ehhh. Has upside from what im feeling but won't bust? Will be solid no matter what is what im getting?

He very well could "bust" but the majority of 2nd round picks stink, so it is what it is. It's a position of need and the player was asked to do bizarre **** in UF's defense

• Like 1

GERVON DEXTER, FLORIDA

PFF Board Rank: 26 | Freaks List Rank: 83

Dexter is nearly a pound-for-pound Javon Kinlaw clone. At nearly 6-foot-6, 313 pounds, Dexter can do things at that size that few have ever been able to do.

He earned a 75.8 pass-rushing grade as a sophomore last season without much in the way of a refined move set. And that’s already a good way ahead of where Kinlaw was as a second-year player.