Round 2 Pick 62: C Juice Scruggs

Texansfan713

Chargers News: Bolts had formal meeting with PSU OL Juice Scruggs at  combine - Bolts From The Blue

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/juice-scruggs/32005343-5267-3400-4cb9-0ed0b61b2e6f

Overview

A two-year starter with center/guard versatility, Scruggs is dependable and consistent in carrying out his assignment to the best of his ability. He plays like a block of granite that is difficult to push back or knock off-balance, but he’s more of a neutralizer than road grader. He plays with solid technique and possesses the play strength to hold his own in the middle. The lack of foot quickness shows up with athletic defenders leaking around his edges and that issue could be exacerbated if teams play him at guard. Scruggs has the potential to go from backup to eventual starter if the situation is right.

On 4/28/2023 at 8:56 PM, LORK88 said:

CJ told them not to draft Wypler….

Did he actually? I mean, is it a rumor or something he actually said?  I can only interpret what happened as that being the case but am curious as to if he'd actually say it and then why. They ended up taking Patterson late who can play center. They easily could have had Wypler but obviously weren't interested.

23 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Did he actually? I mean, is it a rumor or something he actually said?  I can only interpret what happened as that being the case but am curious as to if he'd actually say it and then why. They ended up taking Patterson late who can play center. They easily could have had Wypler but obviously weren't interested.

To be fair, Wypler lasted until the 6th?... lots of teams pASSed ;) on a player that draft pundits had pegged  ;) in the 2nd or 3rd round... so something is up in Denmark. 

Plus he ends up getting drafted by "hometown" Browns ;) ... maybe DW4 shouldn't have his hands anywhere near Wypler (or Wipe here). He may show that rookie some his vet moves ;) ... lol... that's just poor toilet humor on my part... I apologize   

Edited by jch1911