Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

58 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I know we “can” outbid pretty much everyone. I still think selling him our roster and staff will be the deciding factor though

The O-Line is clearly being rebuilt and we’ll be able to add at least one WR in Free Agency to pair with him. 

Couple that with 3 Shanahan connected Coaches and Cousins is a Jet. 

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

20th? And people want to give him 35M and use his stats as a baseline?

If this is really a bidding war, I hope we lose fast. He said he wants to win first and foremost, so if the Vikings happen to make an offer, I’d imagine he would go there. It’ll come down to more than just 2 teams.

He ranked 20th because 20 of the 52 other players on the roster were injured haha using stats without context is a poor use of stats.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I know we “can” outbid pretty much everyone. I still think selling him our roster and staff will be the deciding factor though

The only real competition we have is the broncos and I believe they'd have to move on from Sanders or DT and move Talib to make it work.

5 hours ago, Dr.O said:

The only real competition we have is the broncos and I believe they'd have to move on from Sanders or DT and move Talib to make it work.

I could see a situation where the Broncos trade Talib and #5 for Cousins and #13. Allows the Broncos to free up space and gives the Redskins a CB to replace Fuller. It would also put them in prime position to land a new QB. The only issue would be that is and the Bills could likely still leapfrog them.

6 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

I would much prefer to draft a QB and sign pieces like Allen Robinson, Le'Veon Bell and Demarcus Lawrence.

No chance on any of them. The top end free agents will get tagged. So we will be paying for middle level guys but paying top end prices. That’s why it makes sense to sign Cousins and then pick up some lesser payed, younger players and use our draft capital to improve the team. 

16 minutes ago, xenajets said:

No chance on any of them. The top end free agents will get tagged. So we will be paying for middle level guys but paying top end prices. That’s why it makes sense to sign Cousins and then pick up some lesser payed, younger players and use our draft capital to improve the team. 

I am sure your are right, those top FA will resign with their current team. Jacksonville is desperate for WR's. & the Steelers will not let Bell walk

With Alex Smith going to the Redskins, it looks like our main competition in the Cousins derby is going to be Buffalo, Denver, & the Cards. If he is the QB that he wants Mac better sharpen his pencil, the competition is going to be tough.

I'm not a big fan of Cousins but to have an above average QB who has at least 5-6 good years left is a nice thought. I just don't want to make a huge bid at him. I don't see him being a high 20 or low 30 mill type guy. I think he is more of a low 20 type of guy. If we signed him for like 5 years 100 mill. I would be fine with that. 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

This is a great point.  I too prefer to draft a guy like Mayfield and add the top FA's but that rarely happens.  You're 100% right that if we did go the young QB route we'd likely miss on the real difference makers in FA and be stuck paying good FA's great money.

Archived