Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

42 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

3rd is too early IMO. Take a guy in the 5th. We're not an SB ready team like the pats that can spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a backup QB that won't play for years. 

Depending on who but 5th round is generally "too late" for a promising qb.   We aren't the Packers.

14 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Kirk Cousins' supporters.

Von Miller for Broncos.

Joe Thomas for Browns.

Patrick Peterson for Cardinals.

Media and fans for Jets.

Pathetic.

Might not be a bad thing. Players like Adam's defend their own. Cousin's doesn't play for the Jets.

As for mid round QBs I'd like (which I think we could address if we sign Cousins) I like Luke Faulk and Mason Rudolph. Petty is more than likely gone so that 3rd QB spot on the roster will be open. I like Faulk more mainly bc he can be had later. Watching Washington highlights and I consistently see Rudolph making beautiful deep ball throws. His touch and accuracy needs work.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Kirk Cousins' supporters.

Von Miller for Broncos.

Joe Thomas for Browns.

Patrick Peterson for Cardinals.

Media and fans for Jets.

Pathetic.

So two defensive players and an 0-16 Browns player

Meanwhile the Jets have offensive coaches who are connected to the man who drafted and help develop him(Mike and Kyle Shanahan)

Pathetic.

Kirk Cousins gives his thoughts on Jeremy Bates: "With the Jets, the first thing that stands out is Jeremy Bates has a connection to coach Shanahan. Both Mike, Kyle, that whole system I played in. Sean McVay comes from that tree. I just think so highly of them as play callers, as offensive gurus if you will. Because Jeremy comes from that tree, it would be exciting to think about working with someone like that, knowing how important Xs and Os and game planning is and having the right play caller."

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

As for mid round QBs I'd like (which I think we could address if we sign Cousins) I like Luke Faulk and Mason Rudolph. Petty is more than likely gone so that 3rd QB spot on the roster will be open. I like Faulk more mainly bc he can be had later. Watching Washington highlights and I consistently see Rudolph making beautiful deep ball throws. His touch and accuracy needs work.

Another project QB, we are not going to have enough clip boards to go around.

Not sure if you guys remember how I told everyone about Richardson being suspended for the devils lettuce a few years ago, months before the story broke, but my source has told me a few things:

Kirk Cousins and Trumaine Johnson are going to be our top 2 targets in FA. He said we will  e monitoring Lawrence in Dallas if he wiggles free.

As far as the draft goes we are sky high on Baker Mayfield but if QB is addressed in Free Agency then our next 2 players we target are Barkley and Chubb. We'd need to hope for a run on QBs for that to happen though because he thinks Barkley goes to the Browns and Chubb to the Colts. I asked him who would we look at after that and he said it's hard to tell right now. Players will rise and fall but he said OL will be a priority this offseason. 

He also said there is a feeling around Josh Rosen that he could have a Geno type fall. Maybe not all the way to the 2nd round but he said teams are not high on him.

3 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Not sure if you guys remember how I told everyone about Richardson being suspended for the devils lettuce a few years ago, months before the story broke, but my source has told me a few things:

Kirk Cousins and Trumaine Johnson are going to be our top 2 targets in FA. He said we will  e monitoring Lawrence in Dallas if he wiggles free.

As far as the draft goes we are sky high on Baker Mayfield but if QB is addressed in Free Agency then our next 2 players we target are Barkley and Chubb. We'd need to hope for a run on QBs for that to happen though because he thinks Barkley goes to the Browns and Chubb to the Colts. I asked him who would we look at after that and he said it's hard to tell right now. Players will rise and fall but he said OL will be a priority this offseason. 

He also said there is a feeling around Josh Rosen that he could have a Geno type fall. Maybe not all the way to the 2nd round but he said teams are not high on him.

Good info if it’s from a reliable source.

2 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I agree 100% I don't think teams really like Rosen that much. I think media and these so called "draft guys" are not really looking what he can do instead they are going with the name. 

I'm really happy that the Jets love Mayfield. I think he is the best or second best QB in the draft. He can straight out ball. 

If we do get Cousins these are the best two guys to help us. Barkley and Chubbs. I really don't want Cousins because we know what he is and in my eyes he is not winning playoff games let alone a Super Bowl so why even go after him to cripple your team with cap problems for the next 5 years. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I really don't want Cousins because we know what he is and in my eyes he is not winning playoff games let alone a Super Bowl so why even go after him to cripple your team with cap problems for the next 5 years. 

I think it's hard to call Cousins a finished product considering he's only started for 3 years. He also wouldn't cripple our cap the way people want to believe. You can jump to the 4:45 mark in this video if you want to see what a deal could look like and how it shouldn't prevent us from signing talent.  If you think Cousins is what he is and won't get better than I suppose I won't be able to change your mind but McCown had his best season at 38, Fitzpatrick had his best season at 33, Alex Smith just had his best season at 34, Big Ben had his best season at 32, Brees' best seasons were after 32, Peyton had his best season at 37, Matt Ryan had his best season at 31, Rivers has been lights out since 32.

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Just came over news Cousins first choice  is the Vikings

This was the quote - “I think it’s a pretty short checklist,” Cousins said. “At the end of the day, I want to win and I was listening to Coach [Charlie] Weiss earlier and he made it clear – go where you can win. That’s exactly what the plan is.”

It was a Vikings play by play announcer that said he had someone with "an incredibly well-respected opinion" tell him Cousins top choice was Minnesota, take it for what it is I suppose.

Archived