Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My thought are for McKinnon to replace Powell and draft a rookie. So it’s a rookie, McKinnon and McGuire as our RBs.

I don't think it's a priority to replace Powell he's a solid all around RB that can still contribute at a good level. 

6 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Have you watched either player IRL or are looking at stats? Honest Q

Literally no one would agree with you; Jeremy Hill probably won't even make a team next year

I watched MIN plenty this year as my favorite non Jets team.  McKinnon is so mediocre it's not even funny.  Again Hill is equally mediocre I'm not saying he is coming in as a bell cow but he would fit a role as a short yardage back.  McKinnon wouldn't add anything we don't already have in Powell/McGuire and will just take snaps away from a player who flashed as a competent 3rd down back as a rookie in McGuire.  IF he was notably better then McGuire I would consider it but he's just not.  He's painfully average.

It's not about the overall player it's about the role and fit.  We could use a short yardage back more.

22 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I watched MIN plenty this year as my favorite non Jets team.  McKinnon is so mediocre it's not even funny.  Again Hill is equally mediocre I'm not saying he is coming in as a bell cow but he would fit a role as a short yardage back.  McKinnon wouldn't add anything we don't already have in Powell/McGuire and will just take snaps away from a player who flashed as a competent 3rd down back as a rookie in McGuire.  IF he was notably better then McGuire I would consider it but he's just not.  He's painfully average.

It's not about the overall player it's about the role and fit.  We could use a short yardage back more.

If you want him purely as a short-yardage back, don't sign Hill because you'll overpay.

A thing to remember is that Cousins will be the main goal in FA. Who was his favorite target last year? Chris Thompson. So a receiving RB will be something he wants. And we can’t go to the table with a pitch to him saying we have Elijah McGuire. His response would be, Who?!?! 

Personally I'm at the point where I would just rather roll with Mayfield or trade up for Darnold at this point. Just seems like we have to shore up the entire offense in 1 off-season just for Cousins to consider signing here. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s old. And watching him this last year I noticed he’s lost a step. Next year he’ll be a year older. So even slower.

He is still pretty quick. We were inexplicably giving the ball to Forte last year. He will be gone. 

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

More the point that Powell's underutilized and always has been

I agree I did say we under utilized him in the past and wanted him to get more touches. I've always been a Powell fan. But like I stated... watching him last year I saw him lose a step IMO. And he isn't young anymore (he'll be 30 next season). So with a cuttable contract I'd much rather get some youth on this team. I'm not saying that McKinnon, Crowell, etc. are better or worse than Powell. What I'm saying is that they have a lot more upside and are on the rise not decline.

Archived