Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

Interesting stats here...

Drew Brees in four years with the Chargers played 58 games, threw for 12,127 yards, 79 TD’s and 53 INT’s. 0-1 in the playoffs.

Kirk Cousins with the Redskins played 62 games, threw for 16,206 yards for 99 TD’s and 55 INT’s. 0-1 in the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Interesting stats here...

Drew Brees in four years with the Chargers played 58 games, threw for 12,127 yards, 79 TD’s and 53 INT’s. 0-1 in the playoffs.

Kirk Cousins with the Redskins played 62 games, threw for 16,206 yards for 99 TD’s and 55 INT’s. 0-1 in the playoffs.

Which head coach do you prefer to play for, Payton or Bowles?

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Assuming we get Cousins I predicted a draft of...

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Chubb

4. Barkley

5. Mayfield

For me my big board would be.

1. Nelson

2. Edmunds

3. Ridley

We all for the most part picked the same players for the first five picks in the draft, it didn't matter the order. But the thing I keep thinking about is the reason Denver would go after Cousins when they had a real shot of getting one of the young QB's in the draft. If they get Cousins,  they would still have the fourth overall pick in the draft. How much does that have to do with their thinking?

The Vikings just seemed like the best destination for Cousins from the very beginning.  I'd be pretty surprised if he ended up anywhere else now that they have officially thrown their hat in the ring.  I'd still love it if he ended up with Denver so there is one less QB needy team in front of us but I'm not optimistic.

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That has nothing to do with this. So not sure where you're going with that...

You used those statistics as if you were promoting for Cousins. Payton opened offense for Brees and he blew it up enough to make a solid Hall of Fame case for himself.  Cousins won't have the same benefit with Jets for 35m AAV.

30 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

You used those statistics as if you were promoting for Cousins. Payton opened offense for Brees and he blew it up enough to make a solid Hall of Fame case for himself.  Cousins won't have the same benefit with Jets for 35m AAV.

No you assumed that. Was I was pointing out (not promoting) is that a QB at that stage of their career with those numbers isn’t a bad investment at a high price tag. People point to that Cousins doesn’t win and doesn’t make the playoffs. There’s 52 other players on the team, the finger can’t be pointed at one individual for that. And Brees shows another example of that.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Never for sure but Bowles did not reach a top offensive candidate for his OC.

You actually have no basis for that comment. Bates can be a brilliant OC for all we know. He could also be awful for all we know. But we for sure can’t judge it without him calling a single play yet.

Archived