Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Their FAs will command way more than that. They have one of the best edge guys hitting FA, one of the best LB hitting FA, a very good deep threat WR among others. Just to keep those 3 will cost them 35mill or more. Like I stated Minnesota is in the race 100% but money matters to him... Minnesota can’t pay that. The whole board on Minnesota said they can’t afgird much more than 25 per. Ya you say otherwise. Come on man.

No they won't.  They have Trae Waynes, Stefon Diggs, Kendricks, Barr, and Hunter.  Hunter and Diggs will be back.  Waynes is an above average CB who can walk and they'll keep one of the LB's and replace the other.  Again, they'll have 50+ mil in cap space so they can afford it.  Also, one guy in the Minny forum even wrote to you: "2.  Cap situation is fine.", so yeah.  It's not a difficult swing at all.  That's also not including additional cuts or restructures.   Also, reading the responses they wrote to you, most seem to agree with me, not you.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

No they won't.  They have Trae Waynes, Stefon Diggs, Kendricks, Barr, and Hunter.  Hunter and Diggs will be back.  Waynes is an above average CB who can walk and they'll keep one of the LB's and replace the other.  Again, they'll have 50+ mil in cap space so they can afford it.  Also, one guy in the Minny forum even wrote to you: "2.  Cap situation is fine.", so yeah.  It's not a difficult swing at all.  That's also not including additional cuts or restructures. 

Your projections on how much keepingbtgeir own will cost is big time off. To keep those 5 guys will cost them close to 50mill.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Your projections on how much keepingbtgeir own will cost is big time off. To keep those 5 guys will cost them close to 50mill.

Not what i'm saying Bobby.  Re-read what I wrote.  I said they can re-sign 3 of the 5, no problem.  Waynes is easily replaceable.  What holds more value, adding a guy like Cousins or losing Waynes and say Kendricks?  You know the answer my friend.  Waynes is an above average corner and Kendricks, an above average LB.  Draft a guy in the 1st this year to replace 1 and draft a guy next year in the 1st to replace the other.  Very doable.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Those skill set players will have signing bonus so their salary cap for 2019 will be around 35-40m.  Not a problem.  2020 remains challengeable if signed Cousins.

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not what i'm saying Bobby.  Re-read what I wrote.  I said they can re-sign 3 of the 5, no problem.  Waynes is easily replaceable.  What holds more value, adding a guy like Cousins or losing Waynes and say Kendricks?  You know the answer my friend.  Waynes is an above average corner and Kendricks, an above average LB.  Draft a guy in the 1st this year to replace 1 and draft a guy next year in the 1st to replace the other.  Very doable.

It’s not as simple as that. Yes on the surface you’d say any upgrade at QB is worth money. But let’s look at their roster. What makes them good? Defense. Kendrick is a huge part of that and having a very good CB opposite Rhodes is very big for them in Waynes.

To related it to us... when we went to back to back AFCCGs would you have sacrificed an in his prime Harris and Cro for a slight upgrade at QB?!??

Im sure they don’t want to ruin the formula for them winning and that’s the defense. It’s not like they’d be losing ok players. These are very good players. 

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s not as simple as that. Yes on the surface you’d say any upgrade at QB is worth money. But let’s look at their roster. What makes them good? Defense. Kendrick is a huge part of that and having a very good CB opposite Rhodes is very big for them in Waynes.

To related it to us... when we went to back to back AFCCGs would you have sacrificed an in his prime Harris and Cro for a slight upgrade at QB?!??

Im sure they don’t want to ruin the formula for them winning and that’s the defense. It’s not like they’d be losing ok players. These are very good players. 

Waynes and Kendricks aren't as good as you think.  They consistently grade out as above average players.  You're also missing the fact that Harrison Smith and Rhodes anchor that secondary.  Waynes is a small part of that.  And I 100% would've sacrificed Cro and Harris for a major upgrade at QB.  Cousins is a major upgrade to Keenum.  Keenum is a system QB who played way above his talent level and crumbled when it mattered most.  Also, Kendricks graded out as the #37 LB this year per PFF and Waynes as the #69 CB.  How is that not replaceable?

14 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Waynes and Kendricks aren't as good as you think.  They consistently grade out as above average players.  You're also missing the fact that Harrison Smith and Rhodes anchor that secondary.  Waynes is a small part of that.  And I 100% would've sacrificed Cro and Harris for a major upgrade at QB.  Cousins is a major upgrade to Keenum.  Keenum is a system QB who played way above his talent level and crumbled when it mattered most.  Also, Kendricks graded out as the #37 LB this year per PFF and Waynes as the #69 CB.  How is that not replaceable?

I’m prettt sure NFL teams don’t care about PFF grades. 

16 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

The other way to look at it is - Even if you take away Kendricks and Waynes from the Vikings and add 3 really good free agents to the Jets, the Vikings still have a better roster than we do.

Minnesota absolutely is the front runner in the sweepstakes. But money will be an issue for them. And that’s my whole point. When we can offer 40mill and they cant, gmtgat can be an issue if Cousins wants money and long term stability. The guy will want more than a glorified 1 or 2 year deal after playing under the tag the last 2 years.

Archived