Day 3

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I understand the capital of limitation’s, and that was part of my frustration. But, with some of the weaknesses that we had, let’s take a look at this:

Amari

DPJ

Elijah Moore (2nd round pick with 3rd in return)

Tillman (3rd)

So we invest a second and third round pick in the receiver position, when we actually have a decent 1-2. Just pointing out that we aren’t going to play 4 receivers at a time often, to go along with Njoku. 

Look around the league, especially the AFC, it’s an arms race offensively.  The Bengals, chiefs, bills, etc are offensive juggernauts you need to be able to keep pace with.

yes, I do understand that a couple of our pics are futuristic. That’s not lost on me. But I also think with the major decision we made, the future is now. It’s not next year, it’s not 2025.

I think this is where your expectations for day 2/3 picks differs from mine and the organizations.  If you’re depending on those guys to be your savior, you’re already toast.

There needs to be more of a sense of urgency with what we started with the leshaun trade. The defense just isn’t good enough. The linebackers aren’t good enough. Starting linebacker is a bigger void than backup QB, backup OT, and a 4th receiver.

it is, and it’s also easier to find a “good enough” player.  Especially when you’re better up front.

Whatever, I hope I am wrong and my draft day ranting looks silly. I have a hunch, though that Lamar Jackson is going to continue to lick his chops and look forward to running free against our linebackers.

I mean, we actually have speed and athleticism at linebacker.  If they aren’t getting mauled by guards every play they may look ok.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, we actually have speed and athleticism at linebacker.  If they aren’t getting mauled by guards every play they may look ok.

Phillips and Walker are nowhere close to athletic.

Taki is fine

Fields is kinda athletic.

JOK is very athletic.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Of course it does lol.  

Dude is 23 and runs a 4.2 or whatever.  Like, it’s not inconceivable he becomes capable of contributing even if he was overdrafted.

He caught so much hate because he kind of got Baker injured. He hasn’t been good, but he is basically younger than half the kids in this current draft class and has world class speed. He started to make some nice plays & had a big part in us beating TB last season before he got injured. Let’s not completely publicly lynch the guy yet, folks. Especially because he would be a ST body at this rate, with what else we have at WR. If we are this pissed off at our WR6, I’m not really sure what to tell you guys anymore. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

if scrabble Hates it I'm for it. 

Who are our back up safeties? 

Bubba Bolden and D'Anthony Bell at the moment. Bell looked pretty good last preseason. Considering he was a UDFA from a D2 school, he actually looked great. Did not see him much during the season except specials, but I expect he may be ready for live action. Bolden is just a guy. 

There was nobody in this draft that could push Delpit or Thornhill to start.

We actually would have had to trade up to get competition for Bell's 3rd Safety spot.