Day 3

LETSGOBROWNIES

Just now, NateDawg said:

So you want me to list all 11 of those guys? Everyone of those guys would help us in someway considering what we have. 

So we didn’t really need to be specific, just grab some dude who lined up at Lb in college and they’re going to be better than what we have?

I guess we can just agree to disagree lol.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So we didn’t really need to be specific, just grab some dude who lined up at Lb in college and they’re going to be better than what we have?

I guess we can just agree to disagree lol.

Dorian Thompson holding a clipboard vs taking a shot at someone, even R5 at LB that can help? I will be clear, I would have taken an investment way earlier than that. But if you don’t like a linebacker at this point in the draft, that’s just incompetence at this point. It can’t be that we are happy with what we have at LB. I refuse to believe it. 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hit on those picks?  Sure.  Hit on them as day 1 starters who transform defenses?  I’ll need to see that post.

That was me. I said if you don’t draft All Pro Players after the 3 rd round every draft you should be fired. I mean Brady was a 6th round pick. Why can’t we just find 2 or 3 players like him every draft in the 5,6,7 rounds.  Weird how you don’t get that. It’s so easy every other team does this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Dorian Thompson holding a clipboard vs taking a shot at someone, even R5 at LB that can help?

DTR is as much about the cap as anything else.  It’s cheap labor for 4 years at an otherwise expensive position.  This is what teams with good QBs do and have done for years.

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I will be clear, I would have taken an investment way earlier than that. But if you don’t like a linebacker at this point in the draft, that’s just incompetence at this point. It can’t be that we are happy with what we have at LB. I refuse to believe it. 

What if they feel like these guys just aren’t that good?  Or not appreciably better than guys who are going to be available later or as FA or vets who may be available in FA still?  

Perhaps the coaching staff felt after watching film of last season the issue wasn’t as much the LBs as it was scheme and our DTs getting abused?  Perhaps the expect better play based on factors unrelated to positional talent?  

Like, let’s be real. Linebackers aren’t winning super bowls.  They’re the defensive equivalent to a running back.

I don’t think you’re wrong in thinking we need better linebacker play, I agree with you there.  I just don’t think one mid round guy is likely to be the game changer you’re implying they would be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

DTR is as much about the cap as anything else.  It’s cheap labor for 4 years at an otherwise expensive position.  This is what teams with good QBs do and have done for years.

What if they feel like these guys just aren’t that good?  Or not appreciably better than guys who are going to be available later or as FA or vets who may be available in FA still?  

Perhaps the coaching staff felt after watching film of last season the issue wasn’t as much the LBs as it was scheme and our DTs getting abused?  Perhaps the expect better play based on factors unrelated to positional talent?  

Like, let’s be real. Linebackers aren’t winning super bowls.  They’re the defensive equivalent to a running back.

I don’t think you’re wrong in thinking we need better linebacker play, I agree with you there.  I just don’t think one mid round guy is likely to be the game changer you’re implying they would be.

Why do teams like Baltimore that have a better defense than us keep drafting linebackers and investing in them high then? A number of good teams are doing it. And a lot of the teams that aren’t doing it right now actually have good linebackers and aren’t doing it because of that. I just don’t buy that it’s the equivalent to running back. I don’t think we need to be the 85 Bears out there, but I think we at least need to be pretty good and have some athleticism in that group.

• Like 1

And Sewell would have been helpful, but he’s a 2 down run stuffer.

Correct, fits a viable current need right now

Reggie Ragland looked not awful doing that last season and he’s a FA right now.

Fine then grab him I don’t care what we do

Pace and Pappoe are still there. Would like to see one of those guys.

Correct