Day 3

LETSGOBROWNIES

Dawand Jones might as well be a 2024 draft pick. Some of you guys have no long-term vision. Conklin and Jed aren't forever.

It's all about upside and some middling LB provides limited upside to a guy with the measurables and tape of Jones. I don't get the pity party about a 4th round draft pick. Crazy.

• Like 3

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

Dawand Jones might as well be a 2024 draft pick. Some of you guys have no long-term vision. Conklin and Jed aren't forever.

It's all about upside and some middling LB provides limited upside to a guy with the measurables and tape of Jones. I don't get the pity party about a 4th round draft pick. Crazy.

Especially in a league where literally every team is searching for competent tackle play.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ok, fair, but who and when?  Who are the dudes we passed on that grind your gears who play off ball LB?

I’m more about airing grievances on draft day than problem solving. Annual tradition. 

Frankly it comes down to philosophy leading up to the draft to me. Trading our picks and such. Great, we’ve got some receivers and a quarterback but teams around us are stacking talent on defense. When they do this for consecutive seasons and we aren’t getting that initial wave of defensive talent where we really need it, there’s a huge void there.

• Like 1

Dawand Jones is a mid 1st round talent, according to my board. He would have had a red flag for me as a possible injury risk at his size. Sure. But in the 4th round?!!! That value is ludicrous. Great pick.

McGuire is super talented. Just a very solid player that I think could start for us. Best DE on the board at that pick for sure.

Now lets go get 2 of these:

1. Owen Pappoe WLB

2. Israel Abanikanda RB

3. Kei’Trel Clark CB

4. Brandon Joseph FS

5. Noah Sewell MLB

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I’m more about airing grievances on draft day than problem solving. Annual tradition. 

Frankly it comes down to philosophy leading up to the draft to me. Trading our picks and such. Great, we’ve got some receivers and a quarterback but teams around us are stacking talent on defense. When they do this for consecutive seasons and we aren’t getting that initial wave of defensive talent where we really need it, there’s a huge void there.

I think we all get airing grievances but at some point if you can’t even point to a specific player you think we goofed by not drafting maybe the grievance is a bit petty.

Like, I’m with you, we need better linebackers.  I’m just not sure who that dude was in this class that we’ve thumbed our noses at.  The guys everyone seems to like are still on the board.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

What a horrible pick

No 5th round pick can be horrible. DTR is a solid QB prospect. I had him behind McKee, but McKee isn’t nearly as perfect a scheme fit as DTR is. He is perfect in this system to be honest. Wouldn’t have been my pick, but he’s gonna be a solid backup at worst. 

• Like 2