Day 3

LETSGOBROWNIES

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And LIS, all these dudes people want us to take are still on the board 

reminds me of last year when you complained for 24 hours about us passing on Winfrey and we got him 2 rounds later anyway 

And now he hates on the Winfrey pick. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

When Anthony Walker, Phillips, Taki, and JOK are your guys out there all season and 80% of you can’t believe how bad the LBs are and start thinking Schwartz has scheme issues, let’s all do some critical thinking here. I’m not saying LB is as important as quarterback but it’s far from irrelevant. We’re super bad there. Let’s at least try to get a little better. 

I don’t think anyone is arguing this, we need to improve.

As for the argument that some guys might still be there round 5, that’s fine and good, but the fact that we are relying on 5th round guy to strengthen that unit is a problem in itself. We’re bad enough at LB it should have been an earlier focus, even if we like our first couple picks. 

They’re the same guys your upset about is missing out on in R4 though 

We’ve made 2 mother truckin playoffs since 1999. At some point people will realize the critics around here have been right more than the experts making decisions.

No one is saying we don’t need linebackers man.  We all want them.  But that doesn’t mean that taking someone other than a linebacker is bad.

Not everything is a binary option.

• Like 1

I guess I just don't get what people expect. We weren't going to address every need. The only pick that I just straight up don't care for is Jones. I was all for drafting a developmental LT, but not a RT.

We needed another fatty and got one. We needed another WR, and we got one who can catch some contested balls and get YAC. We needed another DE and got one.

Sure, I'd like a LB or S too, but it's not like we're drafting dudes who don't fill needs minus Jones.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

I guess I just don't get what people expect. We weren't going to address every need. The only pick that I just straight up don't care for is Jones. I was all for drafting a developmental LT, but not a RT.

We needed another fatty and got one. We needed another WR, and we got one who can catch some contested balls and get YAC. We needed another DE and got one.

Sure, I'd like a LB or S too, but it's not like we're drafting dudes who don't fill needs minus Jones.

People want the guys they want when they want them.

Doesnt matter if these LBers go undrafted, AB is a moron for not taking them high R4.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No one is saying we don’t need linebackers man.  We all want them.  But that doesn’t mean that taking someone other than a linebacker is bad.

Not everything is a binary option.

Yeah, I just would have prioritized it earlier on. It’s more important to me than our decision makers.  What do I know though. We need a starting linebacker more than we need Dawand Jones. Jmo.

Just now, NateDawg said:

Yeah, I just would have prioritized it earlier on. It’s more important to me than our decision makers.  What do I know though. We need a starting linebacker more than we need Dawand Jones. Jmo.

Ok, fair, but who and when?  Who are the dudes we passed on that grind your gears who play off ball LB?