Draft Day 3 - For the sicko’s

warfelg

I think they’ll draft a QB with 1 of their 2 7ths…

Biggest immediate need is slot…as a whole you couldn’t go wrong with another DB.

Maybe an edge sowing on how they view Leal.

Might have to go back to their 30 visit list and/or pro day position coach list to see where they might go in the 4th.

34 minutes ago, AFF said:

I think they’ll draft a QB with 1 of their 2 7ths…

Biggest immediate need is slot…as a whole you couldn’t go wrong with another DB.

Maybe an edge sowing on how they view Leal.

Might have to go back to their 30 visit list and/or pro day position coach list to see where they might go in the 4th.

I’ve heard they are working with Leal to get to 260-265. They want him to be a “big edge” who can flex inside. 

45 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Who is the best remaining slot CB?

Clark Phillips III, Jakorian Bennett, or someone else? 

also consider Rush, THT, Mitchell. I prefer Phillips since he is the best Ballhawk but these should all be able to contribute and possibly take a roster spot from soemone as part of improving the secondary.

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’ve heard they are working with Leal to get to 260-265. They want him to be a “big edge” who can flex inside. 

ok, and what if Leal can't do either or becasue of the weight is no use inside? They need Edge as it  is unless Leal works  for this experiment. UFA vets probably won't sign either

7 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I wonder if Terrell Edmunds is regretting his decision to sign with the Eagles

They drafted Sydney Brown at 66th overall last night. Could’ve taken close to the same deal to stay here where is role would’ve been essentially guaranteed 

Brown will be depth and to replace Rell next year when Rell's deal expires . If Brown really has a great camp then he might get a chance. Plus maybe Rell remembered how our FO let the team slide over the years and Philly was in the SB last year, something to consider.  Rell might want a new start and prove it scenario to fijd a new home and longer term deal, much like dupree. Both were reach RD1 typical colbert picks,  never lived up to the draft slot though. 

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

To start the year, yeah. He’s been on a bit of a weight roller coaster. 

Gotcha. It’s been no secret, The Steelers have been wanting a third option on edge the last few seasons. I wasn’t opposed to rounds 2-4 to get that option. I still think they re sign highsmith. Just a lot cheaper to use draft capital if they feel it’s a need worth getting