Draft Day 3 - For the sicko’s

warfelg

12 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Sounds simple but teaching counters and players adapting and learning is truly hard. That's why Dupree never panned out despite elite size and quickness.

I'm definitely going hard on Herbig tonight when I'm bored.

I think you’ll enjoy. It’s a lot like TJs college tape at about 80%. TJ should take him under his wing. 

22 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think you’ll enjoy. It’s a lot like TJs college tape at about 80%. TJ should take him under his wing. 

TJ could bend the corner. Herbig doesn't have that ankle flexion. Unfortunately, Herbig compares to the other undersized OLB who went to Atlanta to play FB.

3 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

TJ could bend the corner. Herbig doesn't have that ankle flexion. Unfortunately, Herbig compares to the other undersized OLB who went to Atlanta to play FB.

I'm not sure he's a future starter, personally, but I do think he'll be a helluva utility 
and special teams players for us. He'll work his butt off, be a great teammate and 
be better than his measureables. I didn't 'love' him, but he'll be solid.

10 minutes ago, mwalker said:

I'm not sure he's a future starter, personally, but I do think he'll be a helluva utility 
and special teams players for us. He'll work his butt off, be a great teammate and 
be better than his measureables. I didn't 'love' him, but he'll be solid.

"I can't really explain it to you. I'm at a loss for words," Herbig said, sniffling after every sentence to hold back the tears. "It's all I ever dreamed about, and I get a chance to play for the Steelers, a legendary organization, and I get to play with my brothers. That's all I could ever ask for." - post draft interview

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

If Watt or Alex go down I imagine we will rotate Herbig on pass downs and Leal on run downs 

rotate either, who ever is better overall. No choice right now anyways. UFA or maybe late round pick might help but don't count on it.