Bears select Roschon Johnson - Rd. 4, #115 overall

beardown3231

Big fan of this pick, and the right place in the draft to get big upside at value at RB IMO. Johnson reminds me a lot of James Conner: adequate speed, asset in the pass game as a receiver and a blocker, nose for the EZ and the power to finish at the goal line, and elite character. Johnson tests with a bit more burst and speed than Johnson, and also brings the desire and ability to play ST which is key for a depth RB.

I think we got ourselves a player here. 

If there is one bit of important game tape when it comes to Roschon it could be this K-State games from 2021...

In 2022 Roschon never had a game with more than 13 carries...

In 2021 the most carries he had outside of this game was 15 carries...

In the above game is Bijan not playing he has 31 carries for 179 yards & a TD...in this game you can see him wear down the defence with his physicality and toughness as a true RB and out of the wildcat...I think he really could become our #1 back at some point this season even though I expect a heavy rotation. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

If there is one bit of important game tape when it comes to Roschon it could be this K-State games from 2021...

In 2022 Roschon never had a game with more than 13 carries...

In 2021 the most carries he had outside of this game was 15 carries...

In the above game is Bijan not playing he has 31 carries for 179 yards & a TD...in this game you can see him wear down the defence with his physicality and toughness as a true RB and out of the wildcat...I think he really could become our #1 back at some point this season even though I expect a heavy rotation. 

i was at that game. deuce vaughn played really well too iirc

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

I didn’t know they measured those at the combine.  Is that what they mean when they say a player has great length?

This just reminded me of when Chris Jones fell during his 40 at the combine and his junk was out on NFL Network. I… didn’t really need that in my life today. 😂 

I'm not sure I see anything special on "tape". Solid pass blocker, runs hard (but too up-right for my taste). Don't love his burst or lateral quickness.

I dunno, we'll see. Feels more like someone who will be put on the field to close out games / grind out tough yards.

19 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Just listened to Roschon speaking to the media after practice yesterday…you would think he is a 10 year vet…very focused…very thoughtful…extremely mature…you can see why they graded his character so highly.

ST was given a pop quiz by Richard Hightower and Johnson aced it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...