​🔥​ Pick #135 is in: Aidan O'Connell, QB, Purdue

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What I also noticed on this was that every time they show the behind the QB view #78 is stonewalling guys, Dalton Wagner looked pretty good to me and might be playing himself onto the roster now Parker is on IR. 

Would like to see him against better competition. The Rams Dline is XFL level bad. He looks good, but looks heavy footed in live reps I've seen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This dude might be the best QB in the AFC West for the next decade +

He might not be the best QB, but he gives the Raiders an opportunity in 2024 to go cheap at the QB position.
Which is the sweet spot to spend big if needed to resign players or bring in a top FA/ trade for a Vet to improve the team

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Would like to see him against better competition. The Rams Dline is XFL level bad. He looks good, but looks heavy footed in live reps I've seen.

He also played with Backups and young players too.

I do agree, that he looks heavy footed. I think a n offseason in the strength and conditioning program will solve some of that. He already looks more nimble now than in college 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s Farva time. We need to see if he’s a preseason wonder or real guy

I too would like to see Farva get some action soon. He looked pretty dang pro ready in the pre season, progressing through reads, moving around the pocket and was accurate. That bodes well for him.

But we all know Hoyer is #2 for McD, which is simply hysterical. If we do decide to pivot away from Jimmy and we decide to start 37 year old, career journeyman Brian Hoyer I will lose it.

It would be such a Josh thing to do.

18 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

This ^ I’m ready I’m over the other “debates “ my only question is what you do with DA. 

Id ask him straight up. 
If he wants to be a Raider then great. We have the best WR in football to help a young QB. 
If he wants a chance at a ring, let him go, get a list and hope we get something good. Sucks though cause the contender that needs a WR the most is KC, and he wont be going there lol. 

I cannot believe its time to just break it all down again. 
5-2 start the Gruden year, with a promising looking O. Whyyyyyyyyyyy did everything have to derail so fast. 

58 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I too would like to see Farva get some action soon. He looked pretty dang pro ready in the pre season, progressing through reads, moving around the pocket and was accurate. That bodes well for him.

But we all know Hoyer is #2 for McD, which is simply hysterical. If we do decide to pivot away from Jimmy and we decide to start 37 year old, career journeyman Brian Hoyer I will lose it.

It would be such a Josh thing to do.

Unless Jimmy G get hurt you know they are going to ride with him 17 games. Then pass on QB because of AOC next year. That's just how this organization operates. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Unless Jimmy G get hurt you know they are going to ride with him 17 games. Then pass on QB because of AOC next year. That's just how this organization operates. 

I'd consider taking a hiatus if this ended up happening.  Sometimes I think about just taking time off the NFL and waiting to hear about how great the Raiders are and then coming back to it.  But here I am, being emotionally abused by a football team.

Just now, Jerry said:

I'd consider taking a hiatus if this ended up happening.  Sometimes I think about just taking time off the NFL and waiting to hear about how great the Raiders are and then coming back to it.  But here I am, being emotionally abused by a football team.

Honestly part of the reason I gamble I was done letting my Sundays get ruined by Raiders ineptitude. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Honestly part of the reason I gamble I was done letting my Sundays get ruined by Raiders ineptitude. 

I've honestly just learned to turn the game off and just focus on getting ready for the week.  Try to focus on other positive aspects of my life.  I said it a while back, but my life is really good, so I just assume life can't be perfect and the part that messes it all up is being a Raiders fan.  Lol.

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I've done the same. Then realize, I may never watch football again the rate they are going and ask myself what I will do with my Sundays. 

It's been 20 years and the only thing that's changed is the owner sold out for money to move to Vegas where home fans can't afford the tickets so the stadium is a destination spot for opposing fans. 

Honestly, everything I loved about the Raiders has kind of faded in recent years. They've become The Blue Man group of professional football.

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I've done the same. Then realize, I may never watch football again the rate they are going and ask myself what I will do with my Sundays. 

It's been 20 years and the only thing that's changed is the owner sold out for money to move to Vegas where home fans can't afford the tickets so the stadium is a destination spot for opposing fans. 

Honestly, everything I loved about the Raiders has kind of faded in recent years. They've become The Blue Man group of professional football.

But the shield and colors my guy! They'll never die. That's one thing I can confidently say even we can't screw up.

giphy.gif

Best logo/colours in professional sports. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This. It's crazy, I've moved on from friends and family throughout my life because the relationships weren't healthy.  Even gotten divorced after 10 years.  If the Raiders were a woman, they'd have already taken your house, your car, your kids, everything.  They're just that mentally unhealthy for you.  People applaud you for leaving toxic relationships, but if you leave your team, you're a bandwagon fan and a fake.  A hater.  A poser.  It's like I'm just going through the motions of being a fan hoping someday it'll be a healthy relationship again.  

People hate Carr, but at least he took us to 12 wins in a single season.  I'll always be grateful to him (and JDR and the defense) for that.  That season and the 10-7 season.  At least we got to the playoffs.  

Right now, I'm just trying to find the light and the end of the tunnel for this franchise.  I still don't see it.