Round 5 Pick 140: DTR

LETSGOBROWNIES

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The jury is still out on what kind of career in the NFL this kid has. But he is a gamer, that's for sure.

Go back to his junior year of college and look at the game highlights vs. Washington State. 

Yes, I know that was long ago. DTR engineered a comeback for the ages that night. The Bruins were dead and buried by 32 in the first half.......

But DTR kept swinging away. With a massive helping hand from current teammate Demetric Felton, the Bruins roared back and won 69-66. (Defense optional that night).

Moving on to the draft 2023, the interviews shown portray DTR as a soft spoken, grateful young man. Fast forward to OTA's.....

Instead of just observing Deshaun Watson's pocket moves - the camera catches DTR mirroring those moves 10 yards behind him.

Now, at pick 140, I would have rather gone LB or backup RB. But this pick is really growing on me.

DTR is showing an insatiable thirst for getting on the grass and preparing as best he can to be ready for when his number is called to get in the game. I bet he has totally devoured the playbook.

QB room improved and locked down? Check.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Well said.

Hate to be pessimistic but this guy against are division with a 375 right tackle makes me think this could be one of the worst December ever.

What little depth we had is gone.

Outside are 2.5 sack overpaid dt

And are draft pick we look thin.

Zaderius is going up against a all world right tackle and giving up 60 pounds on

Grass where his agility is limited.

18 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Hate to be pessimistic but this guy against are division with a 375 right tackle makes me think this could be one of the worst December ever.

What little depth we had is gone.

Outside are 2.5 sack overpaid dt

And are draft pick we look thin.

Zaderius is going up against a all world right tackle and giving up 60 pounds on

Grass where his agility is limited.

Can't argue against that.

15 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Can't argue against that.

Agreed. I haven’t been following training camp/OTA news, but I’m a little concerned to have DTR rushing the passer against Dawand Jones this December. Recipe for disaster.

Can Isaah McGware even complete 

61% of he pass is?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Agreed. I haven’t been following training camp/OTA news, but I’m a little concerned to have DTR rushing the passer against Dawand Jones this December. Recipe for disaster.

Can Isaah McGware even complete 

61% of he pass is?

well due you?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think he has starter potential.

Definitely possible, but he needs 3-4 to digest an NFL system. Plays like 3:16 really just impress me with his toughness and athleticism. He made some beautiful throws too.