2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

No one is arguing that you should take a comparable OG over a comparable pass rusher.

I think Nelson simply has a higher grade than any pass rusher we might get our hands on. Enough so that it would trump concerns about positional versatility.

This is what I'm saying.  No team, including the Bears should feel pressure to take the next highest rated pass rusher after Chubb just because it's a glaring need.  You take the best football player period.  That's how you build a winner fast.

I honestly don't even care who they pick at this point because I know it will have been the highest rated player on their board.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Bears fans on Twitter are talking about Bradley “Chubbs.”

Can this moronic fanbase spell or pronounce anybody’s name correctly?

Part of me hopes we draft Uchenna Nwosu and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo in the mid-late rounds for OLB, just to see fans try and spell those.

As for the thread in general:

Current board/top 5

1a.Trade down to 11, Harold Landry-OLB + Pick

1b. Trade UP to 5-6 for Saquon Barkley-RB

2. Landry-OLB @ 8

3. Ward-CB @ 8

4. Nelson @ 8

5. Big trade down for Wynn/Hernandez-OG + pick(s)

My tier 2 guys where I'd be lukewarm on the pick:

1. Davenport-OLB

2. Roquan Smith-ILB

3. Edmunds-ILB

4. VEA-DL

5. Ridley-WR (on a trade down to like 15)

6. Maurice Hurst-DL on a medium trade down 15-25 range

7. Tavon Bryan -DL on a big trade down 20-30 range

Edited by Epyon

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

For every Scherff, there's a Warmack.

For every Clowney, there's a Dion Jordan.

But if you think I'd rather have Scherff than Clowney, you're nuts, and so again, the risk is equal, and I'm going to take my chances on the pass rusher every time.

At this point in their careers I'd actually rather have Scherff.  Clowney has bad knees, has missed a lot of time and has only been good, not great, in his first 4 seasons in the league.

On the other hand Scherff has been a beast on that Washington o-line.

17 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

At this point in their careers I'd actually rather have Scherff.  Clowney has bad knees, has missed a lot of time and has only been good, not great, in his first 4 seasons in the league.

On the other hand Scherff has been a beast on that Washington o-line.

And despite Scherff's greatness, Washington is heavily looking at RB's. Guess Scherff couldn't make just any runner great.

Clowney was great last year, in his first full season. 32 GM's would take Clowney over Scherff.

Edited by beardown3231

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

And despite Scherff's greatness, Washington is heavily looking at RB's. Guess Scherff couldn't make just any runner great.

Clowney was great last year, in his first full season. 32 GM's would take Clowney over Scherff.

Clowneys team is picking 4th overall.

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

This is what I'm saying.  No team, including the Bears should feel pressure to take the next highest rated pass rusher after Chubb just because it's a glaring need.  You take the best football player period.  That's how you build a winner fast.

I honestly don't even care who they pick at this point because I know it will have been the highest rated player on their board.  

The problem still is that the Bears have no pass rush and you will never win anything of meaning in the NFL without one.

3 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

Where would Houston be picking if Deshaun Watson didn't get hurt last year?

Their best DE, second best OLB, starting QB, and starting RT ended the year on IR + their #2 WR missed 6 games. Other than that, yeah Clowney blows and guards are the best

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blaize4488 said:

Seems to be a ton of smoke with Roquan to the Bears lately.

I was just saying the same thing... Brad Biggs started it with his mock a little while back and it seems like all the 'talking heads' are buying stock.

I find solace in knowing that IF we do in fact draft Roquan Smith, it will be with Vic Fangio's blessing. I guess I can live with that...

14 minutes ago, G08 said:

I was just saying the same thing... Brad Biggs started it with his mock a little while back and it seems like all the 'talking heads' are buying stock.

I find solace in knowing that IF we do in fact draft Roquan Smith, it will be with Vic Fangio's blessing. I guess I can live with that...

Rumors seem to be that the names connected to the bears the most are Ward and Nelson. I still think the Bears need an impact LB. As their edge rushers combined for 8.5 sacks last  season.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The Bears posted a 2:00 video on their app with DOCS Mark Sadowski. There was something that jumped out at me: when discussing where they have their big board, he said “we have them ranked according to what Coach Nagy is looking for.” 

Just saw that as well... he said they have them stacked by position according to what Nagy wants.

13 minutes ago, G08 said:

Just saw that as well... he said they have them stacked by position according to what Nagy wants.

I'd love to know the traits he values in order, because the FA signings are showing it is a much different approach than the "speed-kills" approach KC had going.

That would be the type of book I would LOVE to get. High rated coaches and GMs going over the approach they took, traits they desired, etc rather than stories about just leadership, inspiration, etc. Bill Walsh's "Finding the Winning Edge" is still one of my favorite reads of the last few years.

• Like 1