2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

35 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Too much about positions and not players.

The Bears need to take the best player at 8. I agree that it could be Nelson and it could be Roquan. They simply need to add a difference maker somewhere on the team.

And I just don’t see any guard in the league as a difference maker. Give me an OL full of Cody Whitehair level players on the OL and I’ll show you an excellent OL. There are a half dozen Whitehairs in this draft that aren’t going in the top 20. 

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Last year's Pro Bowl guards:

Incognito- round 3

DeCastro- round 1

Osemele- round 2

Martin- round 1

Brooks- round 3

TJ Lang- round 4

Scherff- round 1

Turner- round 3

Warford- round 3

Highest paid G in football- UDFA

EXACTLY

If Nelson has the kind of value he’s billed to have and he’s there at 8 we would be NUTS not to capitalize by trading down for that value IMO. 

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, he's the pick at 8 on every mock draft. Tell me something I don't know, Gabriel.

But by staying at 8, they will land 2 of the top 8? I'm confused.

No, they wouldn't, I think it was kind of a dumb question from the question asker.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I am not concerned with developing Nick K if I draft Roquan.

I am significantly upgrading the position with someone most count as being a true difference maker at the position. Kwit just means I am going to have really good depth for when Trevathan gets banged up.

Trevethan is an injury or suspension waiting to happen.  Very good player when healthy but can't rely on him going into this year.  Wouldn't be shocked if this is his last season with the team.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Quickest way to win games, and win meaningful game, is to have the best QB on the field.

Grinding out wins with the defense and having an offense that sputters is going to get him fired faster than anything.

I agree with having a good QB. I didn't say anything about fielding the best defense. The Bears don't have a good enough defense to grind out wins. He will get fired for not winning games though.

No particular order:

Barkley
Chubb
Nelson
Smith
Fitzpatrick
Edmunds
Davenport
James

If we stick at #8, I think Smith is the pick (assuming he's there). If we trade down to 10-11-12, I think it's a pass rusher.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

No particular order:

Barkley
Chubb
Nelson
Smith
Fitzpatrick
Edmunds
Davenport
James

If we stick at #8, I think Smith is the pick (assuming he's there). If we trade down to 10-11-12, I think it's a pass rusher.

I think Nelson and Smith will go 6 and 8 if the Colts make the pick and we make the 8th pick.

Who goes where will determine on what Indy does.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think Nelson and Smith will go 6 and 8 if the Colts make the pick and we make the 8th pick.

Who goes where will determine on what Indy does.

I think the Colts trade down with Buffalo and get a haul.

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think it may be Denver that makes the move. If they do not want a QB who are they staying in that spot for?

Denver? I think they want Quenton Nelson but I have zero reason for explaining why I feel that.

As for Indy... if they don't move I think it's Roquan Smith but I'm of the opinion they want to move down again.

44 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

If someone takes Mayfield over Darnold, I'm going to go insane.

I'm really not big on either. But I want them, Rosen and Allen to go as high as possible. I'm rooting for them. lol

51 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Chubb

Nelson

Smith

Ward

Fitzpatrick

James

Edmunds

Davenport

I think your list is spot on Topwop. I'm still higher on Jackson than most, but Pace will likely value Ward's freak athleticism when comparing the two.

• Like 1