UDFA'S ...

mwalker

they better give this punter a call, they might have to have call waiting but do it. Bring him in, he has distance but also is great for inside the 20 and somehow has backspin so they stop  as well.  . Don't waste anymore time with Harvin.  If they want a battle  then it's the guy the signed recenty and Korsak but it's obvious that Korsak will greatly improve the punting 

what do you think the chances are they sign Korsak?  I don't understand why he wasn't drafted or signed already.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/former-rutgers-football-punter-adam-213600764.html

if he does well at the rookie camp, does he get a deal? I see he has KC as another team's camp he is going to 

Edited by 3rivers

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Former first round pick, looked completely unstoppable in the XFL this year. 11.75 ypc and 8 TDs in 10 games.

Not a first rd pick, and I dont think he makes the team, but...

6'5 3/8

227 lbs

35 in arm length

4.48 40

36 in vert

Ice Cube Movie GIF

If Pottebaum makes the team, I’m predicting Heyward gets the nod over Zach. Washington is the Y TE and Heyward fits as the H back and Zach doesn’t. I also feel like Heyward and Austin fit in Canada’s gadget playbook.
unless, they only plan to keep 2 QBs on the active roster.

• Like 1

WR will be difficult to make the roster at.  Maybe PS player and then if injuries occur that all goes together.  There have been recent injury issues at WR so it's another good move by the FO to make sure they are set. It's much different than when there wasn't any depth on the roster let alone going to the PS for players.  Acquire elite players through draft , trades and UFA, then keep a surplus of good players for reserves /PS. 

I know the FO made a point about addressing the trenches,  but  quality depth it is being added throughout .  The amount of work the FO has done this year has been exceptional or so it seems. 

The best selling jersey should be #1 with Weidl & kahn on the back for the name.

So, I'm very interested to see if anything at all comes from the QB Hunter Johnson workout?  Looks as if he's had a rough go of it since his High School days in Brownsburg, IN, but even very recently, has shown immense talent.  That said, a QB needs to be equally mentally, and emotionally strong, which might just be his downfall, which would be a shame...completed his Bachelors and Master while at Northwestern, and anyone who's ever scouted universities for their kids in the Midwest will know, that Northwestern is a top 10-15 University in the US, besting several Ivy league schools.  Anyway, this kid is smart, and has immense arm talent.  Would love to see this kid catch on with us, even if as a PS arm...

It's a long piece, and if you can get into it, it's worth the read, IMO...

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2023/04/11/ex-brownsburg-clemson-northwestern-qb-hunter-johnson-gets-colts-shot/70085474007/ 

seems as thought here are all these rookie camp stories. While it's nice, the team needs better players and to stop favouring vets. Harvin needs to be gone, and Boswell would be if he has a bad start to the season.  

38 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Anyway, this kid is smart, and has immense arm talent.  Would love to see this kid catch on with us, even if as a PS arm...

we need a QB3 since we never drafted one.  No trade mitch rumours at all, so we know he is QB2 despite being a hostage. QB3 though, will be a new addition to the roster.  Now if they trade mitch, it will free up some capspace if they will need that space for a big name midseason signing (hint), but they will need to replace mitch first. I thought a trade to SF would have been ideal for both sides and since SF had all those picks

28 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

we need a QB3 since we never drafted one. 

This isn't a knock on Khan, like, at all, but the bottom line is, I think he just ran out of draft picks. While it was a masterful trade-up for Broderick Jones, I think they were hopeful that the trade-up in the 1st wouldn't be necessary. Again, amazing deal, but the fact of the matter is, we lost a draf pick, and we had to make that up, rather than just being able to add a pick or two, overall.  I believe they would've liked to have had an extra day 3 pick, in order to grab a QB3 prospect.  In the end, however, they took the best possible UDFA QB, in Tanner Morgan, and then, are giving this Hunter Johnson a shot. 

I'm always a sucker for a 'feel good' story...hope it works out for Hunter

23 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

This isn't a knock on Khan, like, at all, but the bottom line is, I think he just ran out of draft picks. While it was a masterful trade-up for Broderick Jones, I think they were hopeful that the trade-up in the 1st wouldn't be necessary. Again, amazing deal, but the fact of the matter is, we lost a draf pick, and we had to make that up, rather than just being able to add a pick or two, overall.  I believe they would've liked to have had an extra day 3 pick, in order to grab a QB3 prospect.  In the end, however, they took the best possible UDFA QB, in Tanner Morgan, and then, are giving this Hunter Johnson a shot. 

I'm always a sucker for a 'feel good' story...hope it works out for Hunter

trading up was what they most likely 'had' to do. Maybe Jones would have been there at 17, but many expected the Jets to draft him before us. So , remembering the Revis draft, we have  our revenge I guess :ph34r:

I was hoping for an additional trade so we could have drafted Tune or Haener for QB3  and next years  eventual QB2.  Can't win it all when it comes to the draft and UFA,  but we did good this year overall it seems anyways. 

In this age of the nfl, it's important to have a good QB3 within reason. A concussion protocol lasting a few weeks to QB1, then injury to QB 2 could have QB3 playing . While this isn't common, the problem is when in a tough division and IF losing to divisional games. That could be the difference between playoffs and remembering jim mora playoffs. I see 3 teams from the afc north going to the playoffs this year, and while the Browns aren't one of them, they aren't going to be easy either. 

On 5/3/2023 at 10:03 PM, 43M said:

Not a first rd pick, and I dont think he makes the team, but...

6'5 3/8

227 lbs

35 in arm length

4.48 40

36 in vert

Ice Cube Movie GIF

And hands of stone.  No separation.  Another tall WR who just will run flys, posts and flags.

• Like 1