> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

50 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Cooper DeJean killed all his workouts to nobody's surprise. Still can't understand the doubt of him being able to hang at outside CB in the NFL.

I mean the answer honestly is that he's the wrong pigment when you hear things like he's not athletic enough to stick at outside CB.  One person I commonly see him compared to is Eric Weddle.  They have almost nothing in common in terms of raw athletic ability.  To be fair I think that DeJean could be an all pro safety in the NFL, but I feel the same way about his ability at CB as well.

• Like 2

Does the T'Vondre Sweat arrest take him off the Eagles' board?

The Eagles seemed to be immune to certain transgressions in the recent past.

But, two of the more influential personalities are now gone from the locker room.

Would you take him at 53?

12 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

But, two of the more influential personalities are now gone from the locker room.

We took Jalen Carter at 9 last year lol. I highly doubt he is off their board unless there is other red flags that have come up with him(which seems likely at this point).

I am not touching Sweat before round 3 personally and would feel most comfortable taking him day 3. 

14 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

I don't think he's off the board - given we took the poster child for bad decisions in last years draft.

I also think having big bro on the team will probably factor into it. 

I would not take him at 53 though - probably a later day 2 pick. 

26 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Better question is why would he be on their board? The Eagles could use a backup nose, but day 2 seems like not the best use of resources.

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Pretty Nice "Pro Day" for Cooper Dejean, 

Howie and his scouts are really big on RAS apparently. So that definitely makes dejean a likelier pick than he was previously

28 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Howie and his scouts are really big on RAS apparently. So that definitely makes dejean a likelier pick than he was previously

Caveat is he didn't do agility testing though which if anything was what he wouldn't be good at but also probably didn't do it because of the injury 

42 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I just want Quinyon or Terrion, DeJean would be an acceptable consolation prize.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Caveat is he didn't do agility testing though which if anything was what he wouldn't be good at but also probably didn't do it because of the injury 

It just feels like a perfect fit.  You can kind of read between the lines what the Eagles might do at 22 based on who they've brought in for their top 30: Of those that have been announced so far that have a chance to go round 1:

Cooper DeJean DB

Troy Fautanu OT

Tyler Guyton OT

Chop Robinson EDGE

Laiatu Latu EDGE

Edgerin Cooper LB

That's pretty much it barring a surprise riser.  Add Kneeland, Mahogony, and Beebe who have  2nd Rd projections and the Eagles seem likely to address Oline and EDGE on day 1 and 2.  If DeJean is there at 22 they'd probably pounce, but have been looking at a lot of mid-range options beyond a special talent like DeJean.  LB unlikely to be addressed the 1st two days unless Cooper or Wilson fall in their laps on day 2.