2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

Said it earlier this week. I don’t think the Pats would take Jayden at 3. They will take Marvin Harrison if they can’t trade down. 3 has always been the spot to trade up too. 

You would use the Niners trade up from a couple years ago and a baseline. 

Next years QB class is not looking good to say the least. Has to be this year. Has to be 

On 2/10/2024 at 8:27 PM, agarcia34 said:

Said it earlier this week. I don’t think the Pats would take Jayden at 3. They will take Marvin Harrison if they can’t trade down. 3 has always been the spot to trade up too. 

Next years QB class is not looking good to say the least. Has to be this year. Has to be 

Trading 3 first round picks for Jayden Daniels would be absolutely terrible

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 9:27 PM, agarcia34 said:

I think Daniels is more likely to go 2 than Maye if Kingsbury is picking the quarterback and they can't trade up to 1.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Trading 3 first round picks for Jayden Daniels would be absolutely terrible

How do you feel about him as a prospect? Would you trade up at all for him? He seems like the guy most Raider fans are clamoring for, because of his ties to AP but i haven’t really looked into him alot myself. 

9 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

How do you feel about him as a prospect? Would you trade up at all for him? He seems like the guy most Raider fans are clamoring for, because of his ties to AP but i haven’t really looked into him alot myself. 

I like him but he definitely has a lot of question marks. Primarily a one read guy, extremely skinny, broke out late, reckless playing style, etc. I'd take him in the first with a small trade up but the only two QB's I'd give up multiple firsts to take are Caleb Williams and Drake Maye.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/three-round-2024-nfl-mock-draft-patriots-deal-for-justin-fields-in-one-of-five-first-round-trades

Chad Reuters 3 round mock, we end up with ;

13.McCarthy QB

44. Sweat DT

77. Robinson OG

Personally might have been tempted by Legette WR/Wilson LB in the 3rd as there is a few guards I like still available in the 4th. 

Give me Sweat in the 2nd all day long and throw a bag of money at Wilkins or Jones.  Teams would have to keep a TE and RB in to protect.  4 guys on the line that you can not or would have trouble blocking 1v1.  I do not care what happens on offense after this.  I would watch our games just to see the d-line.  Especially if Koonce can continue to grow.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Give me Sweat in the 2nd all day long and throw a bag of money at Wilkins or Jones.  Teams would have to keep a TE and RB in to protect.  4 guys on the line that you can not or would have trouble blocking 1v1.  I do not care what happens on offense after this.  I would watch our games just to see the d-line.  Especially if Koonce can continue to grow.

With Wilson and Butler I am not sure we need both Wilkins/Sweat, but I get what you’re saying. If we got Wilkins I’d be looking for a vet NT and maybe another NT in the later rounds of the draft. 

I'm worried that the Raiders are going to be forced to trade up and take McCarthy because of a mandate from Mark Davis. I think it's coping at this point to think that QBs aren't going 1, 2, 3. McCarthy is an easy sell to ownership, and the only way to be sure he becomes a Raider is to trade ahead of Atlanta, Minnesota, and Denver (not that I think any of those teams would take him before 13). I think the best option would be to stick and pick a non-QB and try to trade back into the end of the first or top of the second and take Nix or Penix. I wouldn't even mind McCarthy there.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm worried that the Raiders are going to be forced to trade up and take McCarthy because of a mandate from Mark Davis. I think it's coping at this point to think that QBs aren't going 1, 2, 3. McCarthy is an easy sell to ownership, and the only way to be sure he becomes a Raider is to trade ahead of Atlanta, Minnesota, and Denver (not that I think any of those teams would take him before 13). I think the best option would be to stick and pick a non-QB and try to trade back into the end of the first or top of the second and take Nix or Penix. I wouldn't even mind McCarthy there.

I think when it comes down to it if we stay at 13 we're gonna have only one of who is left between Penix and Nix. Because something that I don't think anyone's keeping in mind is that the Broncos are also going to take a quarterback. This is why I have no problem with going with a skilled position and then trying to see if I can get Spencer Rattler in the second round.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I think when it comes down to it if we stay at 13 we're gonna have only one of who is left between Penix and Nix. Because something that I don't think anyone's keeping in mind is that the Broncos are also going to take a quarterback. This is why I have no problem with going with a skilled position and then trying to see if I can get Spencer Rattler in the second round.

I am not convinced that the Broncos are taking a quarterback. I think Payton would love to sign Cousins and, if not, he'll go with a mid/low-level starter like Darnold, Minshew, or Tannehill. I just don't see him going with a rookie in the first. Also, the Broncos have a lot of needs on defense and could use offensive playmakers.

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Crosby - Jones - Sweat - Koonce/Wilson

Would be arguably the best DL in football. Sweat fits the mold of what PG likes at NT too.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I am not convinced that the Broncos are taking a quarterback. I think Payton would love to sign Cousins and, if not, he'll go with a mid/low-level starter like Darnold, Minshew, or Tannehill. I just don't see him going with a rookie in the first. Also, the Broncos have a lot of needs on defense and could use offensive playmakers.

I don't disagree about cousins but if that happens then it creates a need for the Vikings so it's the same problem. Not to mention the Falcons are also in the market for a quarterback(though it remains to be seen whether or not they will try to pursue Russell Wilson or Justin Fields). 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't disagree about cousins but if that happens then it creates a need for the Vikings so it's the same problem. Not to mention the Falcons are also in the market for a quarterback(though it remains to be seen whether or not they will try to pursue Russell Wilson or Justin Fields). 

My general point about the QBs outside of the top 3 is that I don't see a staff wanting to put their careers on the line for any them. If you pick one inside the top 15,  you're tied to that player's success and failures. Even Bill Belichick couldn't survive Mac Jones.

The one situation I could see happening is one getting picked by whichever team signs Cousins. Cousins has probably 2 years left of top level play. A staff could roll with Cousins and pick a QB top 15 knowing he won't have to play for at least a season (as long as Cousins stays healthy). This might apply to the Wilson team, too.