2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

I get the draft best football player available over need and am a big proponent of this philosophy. However, when your need is at the QB position, that trivializes everything else imo. 

That’s how the Trey Lance, Zach Wilson of the world go top 5. Should have kept DC so we wouldn’t be so thirsty. Go bpa. We should sign a vet early in free agency.  Even someone like Gardner Minshew 

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

That’s how the Trey Lance, Zach Wilson of the world go top 5. Should have kept DC so we wouldn’t be so thirsty. Go bpa. We should sign a vet early in free agency.  Even someone like Gardner Minshew 

Yup and you keep shooting your shot until you get a franchise one.

How many Super Bowl have been won by mediocre QBs in the last 20-30 years? 

Having a pedestrian QB is the simplest way to be stuck in a cycle of mediocrity… good enough to win a few games and not be in a position to take a potential stud QB  in the draft. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Yup and you keep shooting your shot until you get a franchise one.

How many Super Bowl have been won by mediocre QBs in the last 20-30 years? 

Having a pedestrian QB is the simplest way to be stuck in a cycle of mediocrity… good enough to win a few games and not be in a position to take a potential stud QB  in the draft. 

Yeah with those two examples — Jets/49ers took their shots with Wilson/Lance and then when they didn’t work out they pivoted and took another shot - albeit different with Rodgers vs Purdy but the idea remains the same. Keep shooting every year at QB until it works. 

anyone else really like 

I think he has WR1 Potential but overlooked because of the deep Nabers, Rome, MHJ. Tae is going be 31 and by the time Thomas rookie contract is done, Tae would be 35 and out of his prime. We could go 

13) Thomas JR

2nd round - Michael Pennix or Spencer Rattler - that would be a win draft. 

Pennix would be walking into a team with weapons of Tae, Thomas, Meyers, Tucker..... Nice balance of youth, speed, and talent. Pennix would be set up to win. Meyers could also be trade bait later on if Tucker balls out but I think Tucker is a 3-4 type of wideout. Like a poor mans Tutu Atwell. 

---------------

I would jump all over Nabers/ Rome if they were there at 13, but I would be very excited for Thomas too. I don't really value guards at 13, and I'm high on Munford so I don't want a tackle. It's also a deep OT class, I think we could get a good prospect in day2 / 3. Koonce balled out, I think Dallas Turner will be gone, and I think Latu has too many injury concerns. I'm not sure how much better Verse is better than Koonce. There's no LB worth 13, and we don't need a safety. I'll rather have Thomas than the corners. Murphy and Newton also have my attention. Nix and Pennix would be reaches

prior to free agency/combine my top 3: Thomas, Murphy, Newton in no order 

So am I crazy for thinking Jackson Powers-Johnson would be an excellent pick for us. We need a wall to neutralize Chris Jones, cause Andre James ain't it and I'm terrified thinking of Parham trying to stonewall Jones.

13 is too high and I'd hate to leave the first without a QB, but damn he would be a great pick up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

So am I crazy for thinking Jackson Powers-Johnson would be an excellent pick for us. We need a wall to neutralize Chris Jones, cause Andre James ain't it and I'm terrified thinking of Parham trying to stonewall Jones.

13 is too high and I'd hate to leave the first without a QB, but damn he would be a great pick up.

I like that Washington guard but 13 too rich for me. I think Parham will be a stud at center. no way we draft a center at 13. I think his stock is late 1st but I wouldn't be surprised in he's still a 2nd rounder 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like that Washington guard but 13 too rich for me. I think Parham will be a stud at center. no way we draft a center at 13. I think his stock is late 1st but I wouldn't be surprised in he's still a 2nd rounder 

I'm concerned about Parham's ability to anchor against those big DTs. Yea, Center at 13 is way too high. I'm thinking trade back, pick up an extra pick or two. 

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

anyone else really like 

I think he has WR1 Potential but overlooked because of the deep Nabers, Rome, MHJ. Tae is going be 31 and by the time Thomas rookie contract is done, Tae would be 35 and out of his prime. We could go 

13) Thomas JR

2nd round - Michael Pennix or Spencer Rattler - that would be a win draft. 

Pennix would be walking into a team with weapons of Tae, Thomas, Meyers, Tucker..... Nice balance of youth, speed, and talent. Pennix would be set up to win. Meyers could also be trade bait later on if Tucker balls out but I think Tucker is a 3-4 type of wideout. Like a poor mans Tutu Atwell. 

---------------

I would jump all over Nabers/ Rome if they were there at 13, but I would be very excited for Thomas too. I don't really value guards at 13, and I'm high on Munford so I don't want a tackle. It's also a deep OT class, I think we could get a good prospect in day2 / 3. Koonce balled out, I think Dallas Turner will be gone, and I think Latu has too many injury concerns. I'm not sure how much better Verse is better than Koonce. There's no LB worth 13, and we don't need a safety. I'll rather have Thomas than the corners. Murphy and Newton also have my attention. Nix and Pennix would be reaches

prior to free agency/combine my top 3: Thomas, Murphy, Newton in no order 

I like it but I’d rather have a rt in the 1st if we go with the 2nd rd ab route(especially if it’s penix). I like Penix but you have to protect him.

Edited by Jeremy408

6 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

I'm concerned about Parham's ability to anchor against those big DTs. Yea, Center at 13 is way too high. I'm thinking trade back, pick up an extra pick or two. 

Telesco was brought in to trade up. It’s all he’s ever done. Never traded back. Dude is about to sell the farm for J. Daniels.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Yeah with those two examples — Jets/49ers took their shots with Wilson/Lance and then when they didn’t work out they pivoted and took another shot - albeit different with Rodgers vs Purdy but the idea remains the same. Keep shooting every year at QB until it works. 

Do you think the Panthers should take a QB in the 2nd round, 3rd round, 4th round? I think QBs should be given room to grow. The 49ers got lucky and the Jets ultimately did give Zach Wilson two seasons to grow before trading for Rodgers. And, it wasn't until this season that Wilson was completely written off as the future. It always comes down to getting the evaluation right. If you take the wrong guy in the top half of the first round and, it doesn't matter if you're the greatest coach of all time, you're probably not keeping your job.

13 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

I would be fine with JPJ at 13. I think he's an elite guard/center prospect. It would also depend on who's there. I would take him ahead of any of quarterbacks, defensive tackles, receivers, and corners not named Terrion Arnold projected to be there. The question comes if guys like Fuaga and Fashanu fall. Right tackle isn't a huge need for the Raiders, especially if Eluemenor re-signs, but they are probably more valuable players than JPJ.

27 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

We have a steal in Munford. Plus JE is good 

Whether or not the Raiders re-sign Eluemenor will be telling about the draft. If he isn't re-signed, I think tackle is very much in play even with Munford. Munford played pretty well as a starter, but it would also be great to have him as a high-quality backup.