2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

On 2/16/2024 at 10:01 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Same ole raiders. Drafting on need 

If you say so. All 4 of those guys can become top guys in the league. I don't really want to become the Jets 2.0 of last year holding teams to 10 points and not doing any damage on offense. The defense is more than good enough and 1-2 free agency additions can make it even better. Without a QB we are going nowhere.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If you say so. All 4 of those guys can become top guys in the league. I don't really want to become the Jets 2.0 of last year holding teams to 10 points and not doing any damage on offense. The defense is more than good enough and 1-2 free agency additions can make it even better. Without a QB we are going nowhere.

Spencer Rattler outplayed Nix and Pennix all week at senior bowl. Look it up. Pennix has major injury concerns, Nix comes from a gimmick offense and is 25. JJ is a game manager. All those dudes would be a classic case of reaching on need 

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Spencer Rattler outplayed Nix and Pennix all week at senior bowl. Look it up. Pennix has major injury concerns, Nix comes from a gimmick offense and is 25. JJ is a game manager. All those dudes would be a classic case of reaching on need 

I don't care about the senior bowl. I watched the games.

He was outstanding on 3rd and 4th down. So call him a game manager if you want but he's super athletic and throws on the run at a near elite level at only 20 years old.

I'm not talking about Rattler here. No one is saying reach on a player. But qb is different and if the guy can be a franchise QB, you take them no matter where you are in the draft. That or remain in endless purgatory.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't care about the senior bowl. I watched the games.

He was outstanding on 3rd and 4th down. So call him a game manager if you want but he's super athletic and throws on the run at a near elite level at only 20 years old.

I'm not talking about Rattler here. No one is saying reach on a player. But qb is different and if the guy can be a franchise QB, you take them no matter where you are in the draft. That or remain in endless purgatory.

JJ was a game manager on a stack team with all Americans. You would think he would ball out. Meanwhile Rattler balled out behind a bad oline. Spencer > JJ

23 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

JJ was a game manager on a stack team with all Americans. You would think he would ball out. Meanwhile Rattler balled out behind a bad oline. Spencer > JJ

This is the kind of reductive analysis that isn't remotely productive on a football forum

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jerry said:

Telesco was brought in to trade up. It’s all he’s ever done. Never traded back. Dude is about to sell the farm for J. Daniels.

I'm never one that wants to sell the farm, but if it's the right QB then it's worth it. I'm on board with either Maye, Daniels or McCarthy. Williams I've been hesitant due to personality but the kid is talented. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

JJ is ten times the prospect Rattler is and anyone saying differently didn’t watch the games. Rattler has huge bust potential and couldn’t even put it together under Lincoln Riley. 

JJ is hyped as a top 10 pick and screams Zach Wilson 2.0. Rattler is a Day 2 pick with top 5 upside buddy. It's called value 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

JJ is hyped as a top 10 pick and screams Zach Wilson 2.0. Rattler is a Day 2 pick with top 5 upside buddy. It's called value 

Rattler is a head case that has never been able to string together consistency throughout his career. It’s called a bad pick buddy. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, FloydFan said:

JJ is ten times the prospect Rattler is and anyone saying differently didn’t watch the games. Rattler has huge bust potential and couldn’t even put it together under Lincoln Riley. 

What about jj mental I heard he deals with depression and that’s why he got into meditation. 

19 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Think about this: McCarthy played 3 more games and threw 67 less passes for 195 less yards. That's also with a 10x better team(best in college football).

Let's say he Michigan didn't make the playoffs so we removed his post season stats that means he would have..

257 Att(142 less than rattler)

2483 yrds(703 less than rattler)

19 Tds(the same amount as rattler) 

Sure he threw 4 less int but that's what happens you throw the ball 100+ less times: it lowers the probability that you can turn the ball over(especially when you're on the best team in college football.

You can get Rattler in the second round( though I believe when it's anll set annd done he'll be a late 1st rounder) and McCarthy can go as early as the top 10. Which one is riskier?

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Think about this: McCarthy played 3 more games and threw 67 less passes for 195 less yards. That's also with a 10x better team(best in college football).

Let's say he Michigan didn't make the playoffs so we removed his post season stats that means he would have..

257 Att(142 less than rattler)

2483 yrds(703 less than rattler)

19 Tds(the same amount as rattler) 

You can get Rattler in the second round( though I believe when it's anll set annd done he'll be a late 1st rounder) and McCarthy can go as early as the top 10. Which one is riskier?

When you want to find out who's riskier, you also have to take to account the personality of those guys.

These days with NIL money it it could be a bit better, but you still have 22-24 year olds that get millions of dollars all of a sudden though.

Who's the one with the besser risk of getting Henry Ruggs 2.0?