2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Rattler had a considerable lesser talent around him than Nix and Penix who definitely have better college careers.

They all get to pass this week so we will see.  

I'm not putting much weight into how they throw in their gym clothes, I just don't see what parts of Rattler's game translate at a top tier level in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Rattler had a considerable lesser talent around him than Nix and Penix who definitely have better college careers.

Who's faults that? He was with Lincoln Riley in Oklahoma, fans booed him off the field. He was benched and had to transfer to a South Carolina.

He seems to have matured from his crash and burn at Oklahoma. But he's still and undersized QB with and average skill set. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Who's faults that? He was with Lincoln Riley in Oklahoma, fans booed him off the field. He was benched and had to transfer to a South Carolina.

He seems to have matured from his crash and burn at Oklahoma. But he's still and undersized QB with and average skill set. 

Rattler got beat out during the season by Caleb Williams, this year’s projected number one pick and former Heisman Trophy winner.

Not many QB starters would have not been replaced by Williams. As watching him in practice must of been obvious. He was booed though can’t deny that 

I just don’t see that large gap of talent in Rattler being acquired in round 3 vs using #13 on Penix, Nix and JJ. 

All need some time to adjust to NFL before being ready to lead a team. We’re basically going with AOC as the starter next season if that

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Rattler played in the SEC with decent talent, they aren’t Vandy. USC aren’t world beaters but they sure had talent on a better level than several programs that better QBs are going to come from this year, previous years, and future years. It’s not like he was playing with Drake Maye’s level of surrounding talent out there. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Everyone gushing over Rattler didn’t watch USC football at all this or last year. I’m convinced of it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Rattler played in the SEC with decent talent, they aren’t Vandy. USC aren’t world beaters but they sure had talent on a better level than several programs that better QBs are going to come from this year, previous years, and future years. It’s not like he was playing with Drake Maye’s level of surrounding talent out there. 

Agreed. Williams , Maye and Daniels are on talent tiers. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Picking JJ, Nix, Penix at #13 is a huge risk. You’re expecting him to start and they might not be ready or even better than Rattler.

Im going defense at #13 or OL

I'm in the same boat. If we are at #13 I'd rather go BPA on defense than reach on a QB who won't even be able to beat AOC for the job in year 1.

29 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

I'm in the same boat. If we are at #13 I'd rather go BPA on defense than reach on a QB who won't even be able to beat AOC for the job in year 1.

I personally think any of those three would beat out AOC year one. 

• Like 2

On 2/27/2024 at 8:15 AM, NYRaider said:

You're not landing Nabers or Rome at #13 so you'd be trading up for a WR without a QB in place.

I'd be cool with a receiver in the middle to late rounds but Adams/Meyers/Tucker is a solid trio.

I don’t know if it’s out of the realm of possibility to have 1 of those 2 WRs be there at 13. When you consider 3-4 QBs, 2 WRs, a really strong T class and Bowers all there, just having a few defensive prospects go before us would make it viable. Likely, not really… but possible. 

Taking it a step further, I’ve been wondering how an Odunze (rd1) and Penix (rd2) pairing would fare for our team. I really do feel like MHJ, Nabers and Odunze are all big-time alpha WRs and would gladly move on from Adams to get a long-term stud at the position. 

Edited by 101Raider

5 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Rattler got beat out during the season by Caleb Williams, this year’s projected number one pick and former Heisman Trophy winner.

Not many QB starters would have not been replaced by Williams. As watching him in practice must of been obvious. He was booed though can’t deny that 

I just don’t see that large gap of talent in Rattler being acquired in round 3 vs using #13 on Penix, Nix and JJ. 

All need some time to adjust to NFL before being ready to lead a team. We’re basically going with AOC as the starter next season if that

He didn't get "beat out". He was the starter and came into the season as a Heisman candidate. He failed miserably and famously got booed off the field. 

Any backup QB would have been called to action. It was toxic at Oklahoma. They hated him. He was a head case. The fact they had the #1 recruit just fueled it. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

1000%. They are reading twitter comments and running with them. SEC fans know. 

I saw the dang man pop off against my Vols in maybe his best game and it still wasn’t enough to erase everything else I’d seen out of him. He is the epitome of hot and cold. 

• Like 1

Rattler has Top 2-3 overall arm talent in this draft and is a great athlete (starred on a state championship basketball winning team at PG) though not an explosive athlete (similar to Mahomes). I would love to grab him in the 3rd and groom him for a year or two behind Russell Wilson or Fields. The 2nd is a little too rich for me though 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

Who the heck cares if they don’t start year one? I’d be fine if the Raiders drafted any of the big three and sat them a season. Kinda like Mahomes or Love, sure you take an L in the interim but it massively pays off. 

• Like 4