2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

19 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Nix and McCarthy both look like they don't have deep ball accuracy. That's important because it translates to what we saw on the Games as well.

I think they both look good and reinforced my views. McCarthy looks the better of the two. Very athletic thrower. Very smooth footwork.

Nix had a few more mistakes, but looked very precise in his footwork and showed good touch.

Jeremiah’s comparison of Hurst for Nix was interesting to me. 

Still v.much of the opinion that it will be really hard for us to now get ahead of the teams in front of us for McCarthy. I think we are almost certainly going to be having to decide if we absolutely want QB 5 and whether Nix or Penix are worth 13 or earlier.

• Like 1

this is my pick at 13. This kid can be special:

https://x.com/SharpFootball/status/1764027616044925351?s=20

https://x.com/RJLockedIn/status/1763721899031285798?s=20

https://x.com/CFBRep/status/1764041493302382740?s=20

He's a more athletic, fast CeeDee Lamb. Our offensive would be scary with #1 like when we had Cooper/Crabtree and Brown/Rice. Meyers can man the spot or we could play Mitchell, Meyers on the outside and move Tae around to attack defenses. Man we could be scary on offense. Then Tucker can come in for the big play deep ball. QB would be set up Nice with A level talent on offense. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Nix and McCarthy both look like they don't have deep ball accuracy. That's important because it translates to what we saw on the Games as well.

I don't know what games you have been watching, but Nix showed good deep accuracy at Oregon.

Nix mostly did well in the throwing portion. However, he did leave a deep ball short, which is something he also did during Senior Bowl practices. I am not sure where this comes from. I have nono questions about him arm strength.

McCarthy looked almost as inconsistent as Milton, especially throwing outside. McCarthy was inconsistent throwing to the outside at Michigan, too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't know what games you have been watching, but Nix showed good deep accuracy at Oregon.

Nix mostly did well in the throwing portion. However, he did leave a deep ball short, which is something he also did during Senior Bowl practices. I am not sure where this comes from. I have nono questions about him arm strength.

McCarthy looked almost as inconsistent as Milton, especially throwing outside. McCarthy was inconsistent throwing to the outside at Michigan, too.

Go look at his depth per target and yards per attempt. There's a reason why his completion percentage was so high.

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Yikes

This is why attempts matter to me in college I want to know how many times you had to throw the football. Is important when he evaluating a quarterback, coming out of college

42 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Surprised McCarthy isn't excelling here. This is literally geared for him. Might be hurting his stock. 

I'm not sure what you were watching but here is every throw McCarthy made today.  I thought he preformed well and showcased his skillset.  They had glowing reviews of his performance at the end of the video.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

LOL there wasnt 1 deep throw in that video. Are you an Oregon fan?

The first throw was a deep throw?

Point is, the only people who say that Nix is not a good deep ball thrower are those who have not watched him play. You pointed to stats that in no way disputed that Nix is a good deep-ball thrower.