2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Lame

I am always disappointed that we seem to not get any good comp picks but that also got me to start thinking about who are some of the good players that were comp picks.  Purdy was the first one to come to mind.

I swear SF is the king of Comp Picks. Every year they know how to let players go in FA at good value and not over sign large contracts in free agency.  They draft so well in the mid rounds and always have more picks coming in that it's a repeat cycle. 

They get a 3rd, 4th, 5th, two 6ths. That's crazy. I'm jealous and wish we had a front office so wise, drafted mid-late rounds so well and had good enough depth we could afford to let players go who will get decent value in free agency,

• Like 6

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If the Giants are serious about acquiring a QB I could see them trading up to #3 for Daniels / Maye and the Patriots taking McCarthy at #6.

if that's the case, i hope the Vikings are dealing with the Chargers and McCarthy's old coach at #5 has some say in where he lands. trading with the Vikings keeps McCarthy out of the AFC which benefits LAC.

Edited by vike daddy

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

which is why McCarthy is interesting many.

Which is the one thing that kind of scares me about McCarthy. Drafting him highly comes with a lot of projection and I don't really see any elite traits.

• Like 1

Overview

Enigmatic quarterback lacking the measurables and splash throws associated with early round quarterbacks but possessing elements that require more study and consideration. McCarthy lacks frame thickness and a plus arm. He’s fairly poised in the pocket but is average as a pocket passer. His ball placement and timing need to improve to help mitigate an average operation time due to a windup release. McCarthy doesn’t seek to play out of structure but is fairly consistent at making positive plays when it happens and ramps up his focus late in games and on third downs. He is confident and seems to have the ability to take slights and digest it as competitive fuel. McCarthy should continue to improve as a passer, but he fails to stand out in many of the areas that tend to be predictive of top-level success in the NFL.

3 hours ago, NickButera said:

I swear SF is the king of Comp Picks. Every year they know how to let players go in FA at good value and not over sign large contracts in free agency.  They draft so well in the mid rounds and always have more picks coming in that it's a repeat cycle. 

They get a 3rd, 4th, 5th, two 6ths. That's crazy. I'm jealous and wish we had a front office so wise, drafted mid-late rounds so well and had good enough depth we could afford to let players go who will get decent value in free agency,

Crazy that we got 0 and Telesco's Chargers only got one 7th

20 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

But the excuse train for JJ told me he was bad in a couple of games b/c he had a slight injury.........

Interesting.....

You're so lame. There is a massive difference in being nicked up in season and having 3 serious knee injuries. Take a lap.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Which is the one thing that kind of scares me about McCarthy. Drafting him highly comes with a lot of projection and I don't really see any elite traits.

"elite" is so overused. When you refer to traits, is it only physical?

In my view McCarthy ranks high in smarts, decision make and processing. His arm is live, he's athletic and is great making plays outside structure. 

What elite traits are you looking for? Few have a Josh Allen arm or Lamar Jackson athletic profile which would be the measure of elite. By definition, I'm not sure any of the QBs on this class have elite traits. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NickButera said:

Is their third from the Raiders signing Jimmy G? 

22 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

So like stuff that doesn't have to do with talent or actual play..

I guess if you wanna believe that clean medicals and youth don't matter in evaluating QBs, you have made a great point here. 

I disagree

54 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Probably because they cheated. They told him where to scramble and who who would come open. Only explanation really. 

I lold. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Is their third from the Raiders signing Jimmy G? 

Perhaps. Jimmy and McGlinchy were their big departures, one of them was cancelled out by signing hargrave and the other probably netted that 3rd. 

• Like 1