2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Who do we have to start at RG / RT

we still need another starting level corner 

RT - Munford at the moment. He was neck and neck with Elu and the reason they never totally settled on Elu in that spot. He then had to fill in for Miller when he went down and did so well.

I’m all for bringing in a Fuaga or Latham if the draft falls that way - but let’s not forget that he is a decent prospect in his own right…

14 hours ago, Jerry said:

The only way I'd be okay with getting Fields is if the Bears become desperate and are willing to trade him for a day 3 pick.  He isn't worth more than that in my opinion.  Not when Minshew is capable of similar production.

Fields has not reached his ceiling yet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Why?

Age and injury history are the biggest factors. He's got all the talent in the world but I worry how much his WRs helped him. He struggles on the move as well which I'm not a fan of. 

7 hours ago, reddevil said:

RT - Munford at the moment. He was neck and neck with Elu and the reason they never totally settled on Elu in that spot. He then had to fill in for Miller when he went down and did so well.

I’m all for bringing in a Fuaga or Latham if the draft falls that way - but let’s not forget that he is a decent prospect in his own right…

the reason why the Munford wasn't a higher pick is because he played guard his last year. I think people don't trust him because he was a 7th rounder 

Posted (edited)

this is my mock after free agency 

R1 - Xavier Worthy WR or Brian Thomas WR

R2- Kingsley Suamataia RG

R3- Leonard Taylor DT

R4- trade for Justin Fields 

rounds 5-7 : RB2, CB, LB, another OL for depth 

I'll put faith on Munford and Fracyson 

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Age and injury history are the biggest factors. He's got all the talent in the world but I worry how much his WRs helped him. He struggles on the move as well which I'm not a fan of. 

injurys: he's been healthy for 2 years straight

wr talent: we have wr talent and many QBs had wr talent in college and did well in the nfl(Joe burrow/jalen hurts to name a few)

lack of mobility: this is the only real legit concern imo

On 3/15/2024 at 8:35 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

How would people feel about us not addressing QB in round one? Say Caleb, Maye, Daniels, JJ and Nix are all gone before #13. Add in 2-3 WR's go and we are left with a great selection of OL, Edge guys or CBs.

Potentially even a trade down I could see.

I wouldn't take Nix at 13 anyways it's too early. I'd probably look at Arnold/Wiggins at 13 (or trade down with similar grades), Jer'Zhan Newton (I like him more than the texas guy), one of Olu/Alt (if one of them drops to 13) or one of Odunze/Nabers (if they mysteriously drop).

We can get a good IOL/RB in the 3rd-5th round. Ideally QB/DL/CB in this draft should be priorities based on value in the first 2 rounds.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Older prospect, gimmicky system, injury prone, crumbles under pressure, zero mobility.

Could say the same about Nix. Only difference is he's not as injury prone didn't throw the ball down the field as much doesn't have the same arm talent but has more mobility for sure

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Could say the same about Nix. Only difference is he's not as injury prone didn't throw the ball down the field as much doesn't have the same arm talent but has more mobility for sure

Nix actually had the best passing grade when pressured of any QB in the draft according to PFF.

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

injurys: he's been healthy for 2 years straight

wr talent: we have wr talent and many QBs had wr talent in college and did well in the nfl(Joe burrow/jalen hurts to name a few)

lack of mobility: this is the only real legit concern imo

But he's not a day one, ready to go starter. You're looking at him likely being 26 when he's ready to go.

Yeah, he's been able to stay upright behind a good OL at Washington. When he starts getting hit again, we'll see. You're allowed to not be concerned by his injury past but that doesn't make it the correct way to look at things.

But things are harder in the NFL than they are in college. Burrow was far more polished as a prospect as well. 

32 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Nix at 13 is a fireable offense as well.