2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

One of the weakest arguments ever. And it's Ohio State fans and you tube film experts who have this take. 

The scouts, analysts, NFL people who've been around him, love him.

Not to mention the dude who keeps bringing up Stalions in here literally created the Michigan sign-stealing thread over in the College Football sub-thread. Make no mistake, the whole thing was wild and wacky and there's probably gonna be a miniseries made about Stalions 25ish years from now -- but as a whole, it doesn't say much about McCarthy as a prospect.

Side-note: If 6 QBs go in the Top 10 (something I don't think will happen, but is nonetheless legit possible), then I would either see who is still on the board at #13 or see if another team is willing to overpay to get a blue-chip prospect still on the board -- because at that point in that scenario, we might as well build some draft capital to go get a QB in 2025. If we can't get one of the Top 6 QBs in 2024, then it's not the worst idea in the world to build up a good roster in 2024 and then go get our guy (Quinn Ewers, Riley Leonard, whoever) in 2025.

Edited by RaidersForever

27 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

Not to mention the dude who keeps bringing up Stalions in here literally created the Michigan sign-stealing thread over in the College Football sub-thread. Make no mistake, the whole thing was wild and wacky and there's probably gonna be a miniseries made about Stalions 25ish years from now -- but as a whole, it doesn't say much about McCarthy as a prospect.

Side-note: If 6 QBs go in the Top 10 (something I don't think will happen, but is nonetheless legit possible), then I would either see who is still on the board at #13 or see if another team is willing to overpay to get a blue-chip prospect still on the board -- because at that point in that scenario, we might as well build some draft capital to go get a QB in 2025. If we can't get one of the Top 6 QBs in 2024, then it's not the worst idea in the world to build up a good roster in 2024 and then go get our guy (Quinn Ewers, Riley Leonard, whoever) in 2025.

He's a crybaby Ohio St. fan, can't take any of them serious.  

I agree with your second point. If they are not in position to draft a QB, then stacking assets for 2025 is not a bad idea. Outside QB the needs align with the depth in this class Oline, WR, CB. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

FF GM Mock Draft Results

13. Quinyon Mitchell | CB | Toledo

44. Kiran Amegadije | OT | Yale

77. Jonathon Brooks | RB | Texas

112. Sataoa Laumea | OL | Utah

148. James Williams | LB | Miami (FL)

208. Gabe Hall | DT | Baylor

223. Kedon Slovis | QB | BYU

229. Matthew Jones | iOL | Ohio State

I'd be very content with this. 

Edited by ronjon1990

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

I’d rather take Slovis late in the draft than waste a second on Rattler. 

Ditto. 

At least Slovis showed something before transferring off to bad programs. There might just be something there to work with as a late day 3 pick. 

Rattler sucked and then he sucked even more. 

• Like 2

I would honestly be happy drafting Penix. However it simply can not be at #13. At #44 I certainly think it's worth the "risk", I'd even be content moving into the last few picks of the first to secure him and his 5th year option.

But again, picking him at #13 would be far too rich for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

FF GM Mock Draft Results

13. Quinyon Mitchell | CB | Toledo

44. Kiran Amegadije | OT | Yale

77. Jonathon Brooks | RB | Texas

112. Sataoa Laumea | OL | Utah

148. James Williams | LB | Miami (FL)

208. Gabe Hall | DT | Baylor

223. Kedon Slovis | QB | BYU

229. Matthew Jones | iOL | Ohio State

Like the Laumea pick wondered where he might be projected to go. Love that we add talent to the secondary as well. I’d prefer a WR at #77 in this scenario but could live with it. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ditto. 

At least Slovis showed something before transferring off to bad programs. There might just be something there to work with as a late day 3 pick. 

Rattler sucked and then he sucked even more. 

Exactly. I’ll gladly eat my crow if Rattler is a stud but I don’t see it and taking him in the second is going to be like burning a big pile of cash and resources in my opinion. 

• Like 2

We’ve talked about the QBs a ton and rightfully so. However, I think there’s more than a small chance that we end up using a relatively high pick (say a 3rd or 4th) on a RB this year.  

anyone have any rbs that they’d go out on a limb for?

I’m intrigued by Jaylen Wright and his outstanding combine performance.  He’s super young with relatively little wear and tear. Think he’d be a great compliment to Zeus. 

for what it’s worth, I’m just trying to start up some discussion in a direction we haven’t beaten to death.  I’m definitely a proponent of late round Rbs, so even a 3rd is a little rich for me.  However I can easily see a world in which we pivot from QB, bolster the line and lean on a strong run game… 

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

We’ve talked about the QBs a ton and rightfully so. However, I think there’s more than a small chance that we end up using a relatively high pick (say a 3rd or 4th) on a RB this year.  

I’m intrigued by Jaylen Wright and his outstanding combine performance.  He’s super young with relatively little wear and tear. Think he’d be a great compliment to Zeus. 

for what it’s worth, I’m just trying to start up some discussion in a direction we haven’t beaten to death.  I’m definitely a proponent of late round Rbs, so even a 3rd is a little rich for me.  However I can easily see a world in which we pivot from QB, bolster the line and lean on a strong run game… 

You have Zues who looked promising to end last season. Mattison who was a solid 2 in Minnesota prior to last year. Abbdulah is your COP back. And some depth guys in Brown and Moss who are unknowns. I don't think it's that big of a hole to spend a high pick on. Not when you are weak on the Oline,  WR and depth at spots. 

That said, backs I like - Brooks, Tyrone Tracy, Blake  Corum. The class is pretty weak.

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

Wright is going to be really good. I like Zeus but I would take Wright in the fourth if he’s there; however, I doubt he makes it that far. 

Edited by FloydFan

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

In what world would you select Dallas Turner at #13? He will most definitely be gone but in the very slim chance he is on the board, do you dare pull the trigger already having Maxx, Tyree and Koonce?

The world I would do it is this one:

We move Tyree to DT alongside Wilkins and hope he continues to progress, resign Koonce before he's expensive, and we trade Maxx and Adams for a fortune to start a rebuild in earnest a'la what Houston did over the last couple of years with Watt, Hopkins, etc. 

Turner and Koonce as building blocks on D wouldn't be a bad way to start a rebuild with a ton of picks and complimentary players acquired via Crosby and Adams trades. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You have Zues who looked promising to end last season. Mattison who was a solid 2 in Minnesota prior to last year. Abbdulah is your COP back. And some depth guys in Brown and Moss who are unknowns. I don't think it's that big of a hole to spend a high pick on. Not when you are weak on the Oline,  WR and depth at spots. 

That said, backs I like - Brooks, Tyrone Tracy, Blake  Corum. The class is pretty weak.

I call it uninspiring. There are some guys I can see being somewhat productive by moder day RB standards, but nobody I would jump on before day 3 really. 

There's a few guys who might wind up better pros than college players....it's just that that bar is pretty low this year for the most part. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Wright is going to be really good. I like Zeus but I would take Wright in the fourth if he’s there; however, I doubt he makes it that far. 

I like Wright, forgot to mention him. He's going day 2 is my guess. 

• Like 1