2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We're starting to move toward a consensus among the board of:

1/2: Caleb/Maye

3/4: McCarthy/Penix

After those guys, what do we think of these guys:

Bo Nix, Jordan Travis, Spencer Rattler, Riley Leonard, Jayden Daniels, Quinn Ewers.

I will try to "soft scout" (couch analysis) these guys the next few days and share my thoughts. Would be great if you guys did as well (no rush though we have months and months).

I'll take Nix and Ewers over Penix. Need a deeper dive on the others. 

Penix isn't it. I'm confident in that. Great college QB, back up NFL.

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He gives me Hendon Hooker vibes. Don't like his throwing motion. Gimmicky QB friendly system loaded with 3 future NFL WRs. Doesn't get a lot of pressure.

No i get it. I like his downfield accuracy but I need to watch a lot more. And yeah they're loaded at WR.

Penix injury history is insane, 4 season enders:

In 2018, it was an ACL tear in his right knee. In 2019, he dislocated the sternoclavicular joint in his right arm. In 2020, he tore the same ACL again in his right knee. Then in 2021, he separated his shoulder at his AC joint.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In 2018, it was an ACL tear in his right knee. In 2019, he dislocated the sternoclavicular joint in his right arm. In 2020, he tore the same ACL again in his right knee. Then in 2021, he separated his shoulder at his AC joint.

Plus his age factoring in, I can't see drafting him.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 2:15 PM, NYRaider said:

This is what scares me about him, and it’s not close. And it will be the same for a lot of teams. He’ll be check out n over more than a playboy centerfold. 👍😆

On 10/25/2023 at 2:11 PM, FloydFan said:

Hooker hasn’t played a snap yet. We don’t know if he’s a bust. Also look at the UT offense without him. May be a bust but I’m willing to wait until there’s evidence of that before calling him one. 

He will probably get some garbage time this week.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

IMG-6648.jpg%5Bl

This is why I didn’t like Carr as a prospect. It’s why I hated Lock as a prospect. Rosen. Darnold. Trubisky.  And many, many more. I don’t think Caleb is those guys. But he might end up just a fancy Kyler Murray tbh. 

Brave soul, not kneeling blindly before the God tier QB. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Brave soul, not kneeling blindly before the God tier QB. 

The football community need to stop throwing the term "generational talent" around so blindly. Williams doesn't even have generational size for the position. And not sure what it is, but he is not a likable guy.

• Like 4