2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Outside Hurts, who was who he was at Alabama and developed in. Philly, what have the other 2 accomplished as pros? Kind of the point. What they were in Lincoln Riley's offense hasn't translated to the NFL much. 

Nah, Hurts became a better passer at Oklahoma he was undraftable when he was at Alabama that’s why he got benched. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

I'm not mad at that at all! My thing though is is Amik worth resigning and if so how much. I think Jacob's is worth paying. Just need to tore up the interior offensive line so that you can get the most out of him

As long as it’s not an overpay I’d say bring Amik back. He’s the type of guy I like on the roster. Super competitive and will always push for PT, makes plays. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

Yes it was only him that took them to the Super Bowl. Not the absolutely stacked roster and elite defense they have. And that goes further to prove my point. Elite is thrown around way way too much. There should only be two or three guys considered elite. Past that you dilute the actual meaning of the word. Hurts is a good quarterback on an absolutely stacked team. He’s not an elite one though. 

Hurts is definitely elite, he had 4,400 yards and 35 total TD for the third best offense in the league both in terms of ypg / ppg. The only QB's that had more TDs than Hurts last year were Allen, Mahomes, and Burrow with those 4 being the only QB's with 35+ TD. 

This year he has 2,600 yards (on pace for 4,900) which is third in the league behind Mahomes/Allen and he has 22 TD (on pace for 41) which is second in the league behind Josh Allen. 

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hurts is definitely elite, he had 4,400 yards and 35 total TD for the third best offense in the league both in terms of ypg / ppg. The only QB's that had more TDs than Hurts last year were Allen, Mahomes, and Burrow with those 4 being the only QB's with 35+ TD. 

This year he has 2,600 yards (on pace for 4,900) which is third in the league behind Mahomes/Allen and he has 22 TD (on pace for 41) which is second in the league behind Josh Allen. 

I still remember you swearing Hurts was a nobody that would flame out of the league and riding Jimmy's jock. 

I'm beginning to think you absolutely don't know ball. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Can you show me one elite QB he has put in the league? 

This isn't a very good argument. If we're talking about who has produced elite QBs, the list would be very, very small as there have not been many elite QBs throughout the last decade. And those coaches that produced Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, etc, ...who else have they produced? There is no precedent that certain college coaches produce all the elite quarterbacks. If you're lucky as a coach, you'll produce one. So to say Lincoln Riley's QB won't be elite because none of his previous prospects would be elite, would be the same thing you could say of every college coach that ever lived. 

Jeff tedford, Philip Fulmer, Lord Carr, Joe Tiller, Kingsbury, etc etc only produced one elite prospect their entire career. (Brady, Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Brees, Mahomes) we could look at all the elite NFL quarterbacks college coaches and look at their quarterback trees and not find any other elite quarterbacks they produced. 

KC should have never drafted Mahomes because Kingsbury produced Manziel, Webb and Mayfield? None were elite before Mahomes. 

Caleb should be judged by his own traits, not by who his coach is. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Caleb is cooking right now!