2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'll guess it to be a lot more than that, but hell I dunno?

You are starting to venture into top 15-20 paid safeties in the league then. Not sure he's getting that. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

He's a bad tackler and that has nothing to do with scheme. On the flip side, it looked like the light really came on for him in the playoffs as far as being a center fielder type of safety. 

I want him back and want to sign Jordan Whitehead, then draft a guy in round 2-3. 

I want an immediate and significant upgrade at both spots ultimately. However the staff does that is fine by me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I want an immediate and significant upgrade at both spots ultimately. However the staff does that is fine by me.

I actually think Savage can be that for one position with the right coach, scheme. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He's a bad tackler and that has nothing to do with scheme. On the flip side, it looked like the light really came on for him in the playoffs as far as being a center fielder type of safety. 

I want him back and want to sign Jordan Whitehead, then draft a guy in round 2-3. 

if Savage is a bad tackler, why would you want to sign Jordan Whitehead who had a higher missed tackle % than Savage?   That makes no sense to me

1 hour ago, hoekd0250 said:

I think we really need to keep Rudy ford.

plays instinctive and fast and won’t cost much to resign.

I also like Rudy out of all of the budget guys we’ve had. Also a ST demon, although a bit less than when we first picked him up. Hope he’s lost no steps post injury. 

Edited by Refugee

I'm waiting to have on opinion on this until we have a new DC. For all we know the new guy is going to bring in a couple of his own guys instead of Savage. 

Still, Savage should be an interesting player for any DC who thinks they can coax a little more production out of his skills. 

13 hours ago, coachbuns said:

5 safeties?  Seems like a lot of roster spots when younger draft pick guys can probably do the same or better on special teams.  Do agree they need a nice vet for stability.

Yah.  I know.  But we tend to like safeties for specials and things like that.  I think Owens has value as a spot starter/backup and special teams guy.  But if one were to go to get it to 4, it would be a guy like that.  

5 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

https://x.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1750932262223233479?s=20

Ben Fennells list of OTs who could switch to OG. This seems like a good list to keep an eye on, given our previous history of moving guys like this inside.

Fautanu is going to be either at the top, or very close to the top of my realistic selections/wants list.  If he isn't a tackle, or left tackle, he's going to be a very, very good guard.  

6 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

https://x.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1750932262223233479?s=20

Ben Fennells list of OTs who could switch to OG. This seems like a good list to keep an eye on, given our previous history of moving guys like this inside.

Sorry I thought the link would preview automatically. His list is Taliese Fuaga, Graham Barton, Troy Fautanu, Dominick Puni

• Like 2