2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

17 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Am I thinking of the wrong game? Off the top of my head I thought Newton was dominating that game until he got ejected on a sack/FF and then WI made the big comeback.

https://youtu.be/gnVGLrzLZqI?si=rwqzPQoL1saAJ2Hn

Thanks for posting that. Early on he looked very good but later in the game, watching the shadows, seems like he wore out a little. Seemed to get a lot of attention with doubles and chipping too. 

Stand corrected, maybe he's better than I remember. Wouldn't hate the pick, wouldn't love it either. He and Wyatt could be a very good inside rotation though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tperk said:

Has anyone done a deep dive on CB Dwight McGlothern from Arkansas? 6'2" about 195lbs. Could be a nice day 3 addition to the DB room.

Good in coverage. Good ball skills. Susceptible to double moves. Doesn't seem very interested in tackling which is a shame because good things seem to happen when he does. 

A middle class man's Trevon Diggs for better or worse?

Surprised I haven't seen a bit more chatter about Darius Robinson to the Packers at 25. He's a Gutey wet dream prospect. 

• Freak/Very good athlete (likely going to blow up the combine and have a very high RAS)
  • Late bloomer in terms of college production - something Gutey really doesn't care about in round 1, especially for pass rushers (see Gary/Van Ness)
  • Perfect 4-3 DE/Big EDGE fit for Hafley - in a weak class overall (a lot of the better EDGE guys much lighter)

Only non-Gutey trait I see with Robinson is age (already 23), but he broke that trend with Wyatt a few years ago. I think if Robinson is there at 25 (and he might not be after his workout), he's one of my early favorites for the pick based on what Gutey goes for in round 1. 

Edited by packfanfb

15 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

He bulked up to 230 for the Senior Bowl and played LB which I'm guessing is where he'll play in the NFL.  He might have the frame to put on another 10-15 lbs and keep his athleticism.  He gave up some big plays in the game I watched against UNC so he has some work to do, but I wouldn't say he's bad in coverage and he will definitely lay people out.

We'll see if he can make the transition to LB, but we know how well that's worked out in the past for most of the tweener safeties.  I'm sure somebody has done it it successfully, but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

NO!  6'4 230 pound safety!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUST DRAFT!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

A rather likely scenario, I fear. Time to fall in love with someone a little further down the rankings.

Indeed. I do like Rakestraw, but I'm starting to get more comfortable with the prospect of us adding to the front seven on day one. 

51 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Surprised I haven't seen a bit more chatter about Darius Robinson to the Packers at 25. He's a Gutey wet dream prospect. 

• Freak/Very good athlete (likely going to blow up the combine and have a very high RAS)
  • Late bloomer in terms of college production - something Gutey really doesn't care about in round 1, especially for pass rushers (see Gary/Van Ness)
  • Perfect 4-3 DE/Big EDGE fit for Hafley - in a weak class overall (a lot of the better EDGE guys much lighter)

Only non-Gutey trait I see with Robinson is age (already 23), but he broke that trend with Wyatt a few years ago. I think if Robinson is there at 25 (and he might not be after his workout), he's one of my early favorites for the pick based on what Gutey goes for in round 1. 

I looked at him a little bit.  He's the 300 pound EDGE guy, right?  Seems like a logical guy to look at as a DE or even DL in this scheme.