2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Again, for EDGE players, I only listed guys 260 or over. Would we take Turner? Yea I'm guessing so but based on past drafts, we typically don't favor/select lighter EDGE players and that was even before we switched to a 4-3 defense. 

We absolutely need a speed rush guy. He's got long arms, even though he's on the short side of the EDGE rushers as well. 

Doesn't matter because he's long gone before we pick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I honestly don't get the love obsession with T'Vondre Sweat. 

It is as simple as he weighs 360+.  Our big DTs, Slaton and Ford, weigh 330 and 340, respectively.  This dude weight 20+ pounds more.  

That said, I think the idea of a massive run stopper is usually better than the result.  Can you imagine what Aaron Rodgers would do if he saw a guy like that on defense? There would probably be 6 plays run in under a minute and they would have to call a time out to get him off the field.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I get the sense Kool-Aid's stock has been failing anyways. Starting to get confident that he'll be there at 41 if we want him. 

I'd be very interested in the data on how frequently these injuries re-occur. Minus that info....I'd be wary.

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I get the sense Kool-Aid's stock has been failing anyways. Starting to get confident that he'll be there at 41 if we want him. 

Not drinking the kool aid.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I honestly don't get the love obsession with T'Vondre Sweat. 

He a fat guy who caught a TD pass and Texas raved about his athleticism, which clearly turns out to be false. He's a mid-round guy and anybody who takes him before round 4 is a fool IMO. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It is as simple as he weighs 360+.  Our big DTs, Slaton and Ford, weigh 330 and 340, respectively.  This dude weight 20+ pounds more.  

That said, I think the idea of a massive run stopper is usually better than the result.  Can you imagine what Aaron Rodgers would do if he saw a guy like that on defense? There would probably be 6 plays run in under a minute and they would have to call a time out to get him off the field.  

I just think he's actually too big lol (that's what she said). 

I'd maybe take a 4th round flyer on the guy, but I'd instantly worry the moment he loses any motivation with a little coin in his pocket, he's blowing up to 400 lbs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I just think he's actually too big lol (that's what she said). 

I'd maybe take a 4th round flyer on the guy, but I'd instantly worry the moment he loses any motivation with a little coin in his pocket, he's blowing up to 400 lbs. 

I don't recall what Gilbert Brown's final weight was.  But I do know that he gassed out more than you would like.  The Bears had Aaron Gibson, and I think he was even bigger, and I believe he was also unable to play full games.  Once you get to a certain size, your stamina just isn't there anymore.  We got mad at Rodgers for taking time outs because he didn't like what he saw.  Can you imagine how mad we would be if we took a time out every game because some fat *** DT couldn't get off the field fast enough?

19 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He a fat guy who caught a TD pass and Texas raved about his athleticism, which clearly turns out to be false. He's a mid-round guy and anybody who takes him before round 4 is a fool IMO. 

His name is also “Sweat” and Nagler (who doesn’t really watch college football) is not above getting charmed by a name. 

28 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Not drinking the kool aid.

You should be.  But only if he gets into the second round.  At that point in the draft, he would be very nice value.  And maybe, that could be our second, second round pick.

But I get your sentiment in regards to the first round.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

You should be.  But only if he gets into the second round.  At that point in the draft, he would be very nice value.  And maybe, that could be our second, second round pick.

But I get your sentiment in regards to the first round.

6' 1" Ahmad Carroll IMO. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

6' 1" Ahmad Carroll IMO. 

Not even close in my book.

But...if you want to compare the "grabbiness" of the two players, then you have something.  But outside of that, Kool-Aid is just a much better football player.

Zero issues with him in the second round, but moreso with that second pick there.   Juice is worth the squeeze there for me.

But we shall see.  That is why this process is fun.

• Like 1