2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

This one is better for how we'd use him since it's with a pocket passer and another RB. Again, not looking for "wow" factor here, looking for fit/role/etc. His junior season wasn't as successful stat-wise but it looks more like how we'd use him if we were to draft him. 

This is the first one I saw where I thought CMC immediately 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is the first one I saw where I thought CMC immediately 

It's the first year he played with a pro-style QB. The other 2 years, he was with a read-option type QB who cannot throw the football to save his life. I don't care what his numbers were last year, he flashed way more last year than he did in 2021 or 2022. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And I just don't see how you watch that 2023 "tape" (for lack of a better word) and not see it. It's better IMO than his 2022 tape IRT the NFL due to how much read option **** they ran with DJU at QB. He just looks so much more like an NFL RB in 2023 than 2022 despite the numbers dip. I don't care. Y'all buy what you want, I'm in on Shipley. Just, for the love of god, keep him away from San Francisco. 

The 2023 tape is absolutely better than the 2022 tape. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That slant TD outta the backfield vs FSU

... whistles...

tell me which RBs do that in the NFL right now?

The move he put on the kid at the ~8 minute mark of the 2023 tape in the hole...

Gimme some new ******* pants

• Like 1

Again, during draft processes, when people are mentioning comparisons, they aren't comparing ceilings, they are comparing play styles. I stated this earlier this week when talking about Shipley and comparing him to Aaron Jones. It's necessary to state it again. Nobody expects Shipley to be Christian McCaffrey the NFLer. 

• Like 1

People saying "don't compare him to CMC" are the same people that say "I don't see color"

Like I get it, it's probably a trope or something but he really ******* plays just like him, and is athletically identical to him so the comparison is obvious based on non-race traits. 

It's ok to compare them everyone. You're not being racist, I promise.

Just now, incognito_man said:

People saying "don't compare him to CMC" are the same people that say "I don't see color"

Like I get it, it's probably a trope or something but he really ******* plays just like him, and is athletically identical to him so the comparison is obvious based on non-race traits. 

It's ok to compare them everyone. You're not being racist, I promise.

I remember getting roasted back in the day because I compared Mario Hezonja to Kobe Bryant. I'm like obviously I don't expect this kid to be one of the top 5-10 greatest players of all-time, I'm just saying, when I watch him, he obviously models his game after Kobe lol. 

55 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

How about DMC?

Darryl-McDaniels-2.jpg

Darryl McDaniels ->

Randal McDaniel->

John Randle->

Randall Cunningham->

Richie Cunningham->

Richie Incognito->

incognito man

pepe_silvia_meme_banner.jpg

Do I have to make things any clearer. They're throwing it right in your face. Open up your eyes people!!!
Edited by wgbeethree
  • Like 3