2023 Overall Draft Thoughts

dll2000

15 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Do you feel the same way about the Saints  & Taysom Hill  ? Do you feel like a guy recruited to Texas as a qb cannot throw enough to keep that option open  ?? 

please explain wwhY this is such an awful idea,  Saints made it work very well...

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

Nice try 😒 

Use your words and pls explain why Roschon Johnson  couldn't work his way up to something beyond a Wildcat and closer to what Taysom Hill and the Saints have done  ? 

I'm not suggesting that this be a staple week 1  ha but it's there,  and Roschon Johnson will figure it out and execute it at a high level 

...Taysom has thrown passes with Brees on the field, the throwing option is there with Roschon by all accounts he is a fierce worker competitor and SPECIAL  human being,  QB is his natural position  

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Taysom Hill is a QB who can also run. He played 5 years of QB at BYU and played 37 games at the position. Roschon Johnson was a high school QB who threw two passes in four years at Texas, for a total of two yards. He’s a running back. Taking Fields off the field so Johnson can play QB not in a Wildcat is an even worse idea than doing so to in a Wildcat. Like, WAY worse. 

his natural position is qb  and you are not explaining why Roschon could not work up to something closer to what the Saints have done.  you are just saying its awful, why is it awful ??

I wouldn't bet against Roschon Johnson making it happen.

and if you pick up 4-5 yds every time you run a wildcat that's a very effective outcome esp for a team that runs alot and has been hammering the D all game

now imagine you bring in a fresh running qb that can also throw and JF  gets some plays off     

26 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

his natural position is qb  and you are not explaining why Roschon could not work up to something closer to what the Saints have done.  you are just saying its awful, why is it awful ??

I wouldn't bet against Roschon Johnson making it happen.

and if you pick up 4-5 yds every time you run a wildcat that's a very effective outcome esp for a team that runs alot and has been hammering the D all game

now imagine you bring in a fresh running qb that can also throw and JF  gets some plays off     

Natural QB? Jesus Christ dude. He hasn’t played ANY QB in FIVE YEARS, back when he was a literal CHILD. Guys who actually played QB in college have played QB in NFL games and looked suuuuuuuuuuper bad. Remember when Kendall Hinton had to play QB for Denver during the Covid season and he was 1-9 for 13 yards and 2 INT? He actually played QB beyond HS and was awwwwwwwwful. How does Johnson having been a QB back when he was 17 suggest Johnson would fare any better? Explain that. And furthermore, why would the Bears invest any of their CBA-limited practice time developing Johnson as a gadget QB instead of as a RB, you know, the position they actually drafted him to play

Taysom Hill is a sub-NFL level QB playing RB and TE because he’s a crazy athlete, not the other way around. Roschon Johnson isn’t a QB, and won’t be a QB in any capacity. I’m completely baffled that you think anything else is even the slightest remote possibility. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Natural QB? Jesus Christ dude. He hasn’t played ANY QB in FIVE YEARS, back when he was a literal CHILD. Guys who actually played QB in college have played QB in NFL games and looked suuuuuuuuuuper bad. Remember when Kendall Hinton had to play QB for Denver during the Covid season and he was 1-9 for 13 yards and 2 INT? He actually played QB beyond HS and was awwwwwwwwful. How does Johnson having been a QB back when he was 17 suggest Johnson would fare any better? Explain that. And furthermore, why would the Bears invest any of their CBA-limited practice time developing Johnson as a gadget QB instead of as a RB, you know, the position they actually drafted him to play

you just skipped over your wildcat explaination ? why a 4-5 gain every attempt on a tiring D and gets JF off the field is awful  ? why there cannot be a passing option with RJ  ??

I never said that RJ was a natural nfl qb or anything like that  ...I said that qb is RJs natural position, there is a big difference 

Do you actually watch Taysom Hill and the Saints ??  He lulls the D to sleep with the run run run   and then hits em slipping  bc he is a sub NFL qb playing RB in the NFL  which is exactly what Roschon is  

why can't a package develop over time where he has 25+ pass attempts per season  ?

2 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Nice try 😒 

Use your words and pls explain why Roschon Johnson  couldn't work his way up to something beyond a Wildcat and closer to what Taysom Hill and the Saints have done  ? 

I'm not suggesting that this be a staple week 1  ha but it's there,  and Roschon Johnson will figure it out and execute it at a high level 

...Taysom has thrown passes with Brees on the field, the throwing option is there with Roschon by all accounts he is a fierce worker competitor and SPECIAL  human being,  QB is his natural position  

What is there to explain? He's been a RB since he was 18. He isn't a quarterback. Hill was a quarterback who was best suited to play RB/WR and throw an occasional pass in the NFL. He threw exactly 1,045 more passes in college than Johnson did (Johnson threw 2, fwiw). To put Fields on the sideline so a rookie 4th round RB who played QB a half a decade ago against 17 year olds can throw a few passes is easily one of the most idiotic things I've ever read and that's not hyperbole.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

you just skipped over your wildcat explaination ? why a 4-5 gain every attempt on a tiring D and gets JF off the field is awful  ? why there cannot be a passing option with RJ  ??

I never said that RJ was a natural nfl qb or anything like that  ...I said that qb is RJs natural position, there is a big difference 

Do you actually watch Taysom Hill and the Saints ??  He lulls the D to sleep with the run run run   and then hits em slipping  bc he is a sub NFL qb playing RB in the NFL  which is exactly what Roschon is  

why can't a package develop over time where he has 25+ pass attempts per season  ?

No but you did say he's a natural QB *twice* AND triple downed by saying "Johnson is a QB playing RB", which let's be honest, is exactly a thing you typed to boost your argument. This is such a stupid thing to argue. Might Getsy have Johnson catch a toss and throw ala Cohen in Baltimore in 2017? Yeah, but to think he's going to take 4-5 direct snaps a game to LULL DEFENSES ASLEEP is 110% not going to happen and 120% should not happen. 

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Taysom Hill is a sub-NFL level QB playing RB and TE because he’s a crazy athlete, not the other way around.

Roschon Johnson isn’t a QB, and won’t be a QB in any capacity. I’m completely baffled that you think anything else is even the slightest remote possibility. 

Take out the TE and you are describing Johnson ? 

why can't he play some QB with his skill set  ? you keep repeating your overall opinion but you are not explaining anything.  Can he not read Ds well enough, are his mechanics so awful that he simply cannot complete a pass on an NFL field against a D lulled to sleep by his running up there arse over and over  ?

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

What is there to explain? He's been a RB since he was 18. He isn't a quarterback. Hill was a quarterback who was best suited to play RB/WR and throw an occasional pass in the NFL. He threw exactly 1,045 more passes in college than Johnson did (Johnson threw 2, fwiw). To put Fields on the sideline so a rookie 4th round RB who played QB a half a decade ago against 17 year olds can throw a few passes is easily one of the most idiotic things I've ever read and that's not hyperbole.

pls read better what I say in my posts 

maybe your interpretation of what I am suggesting is  idiotic 

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

No but you did say he's a natural QB *twice* AND triple downed by saying "Johnson is a QB playing RB", which let's be honest, is exactly a thing you typed to boost your argument. This is such a stupid thing to argue. Might Getsy have Johnson catch a toss and throw ala Cohen in Baltimore in 2017? Yeah, but to think he's going to take 4-5 direct snaps a game to LULL DEFENSES ASLEEP is 110% not going to happen and 120% should not happen. 

I said qb was his natural (1st) position 

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

at the NFL level johnson is a RB 

I never said anything else