Jimmy G

Brisset

B Young

Ridder

Mayfield

Kyler/McCoy?

I think they should easily beat the Bucs, Panthers, and Cardinals

LIkely lose to the Chiefs, Chargers, and Lions twice

The rest of the games are coin flips to me, suggesting 8-9 record, but it all depends on the one score games. Some people view record in one score games as something that will regress to the mean. Others think its a skill/attribute of a team, coach, or QB. Bears were something like 1-6 in such games. We'll see if they can improve in this area and how

Dam.... only 4 sucky QBs....   May be 7-10 is not possible lolz ahahahahah🤣 ... May be Love will suck... give us 6 wins...😁

The Bears were like 1-7 in one TD games. Even if they go 4-4 that puts them at 7 wins. The defense isn't going to be as inept this year and Getsy/Eberflus aren't going to make dramatic changes from whatever is actually working like they did from last year.

I'm not saying they are going to make a run but anything from 5 to 10 wins is on the table (10 being lucky in close games).

• Like 1

I still think this D will struggle with no pass rush even though improved all around but not spectacular...

Alot of close high score losses is what i hope to see i guess. 7 wins max. But still improvements more on the offensive side with the D struggling along. And i think that is a "win" in the right direction for this coming year.

Just gotta hope the Carolina pick is a high one also and were golden going in to the year after to take the "leap" if Feilds is the guy. If not, got the ammo to do damage in the draft.

Poles has set himself up pretty good i must say for the next 2 years.

3 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

I still think this D will struggle with no pass rush even though improved all around but not spectacular...

Alot of close high score losses is what i hope to see i guess. 7 wins max. But still improvements more on the offensive side with the D struggling along. And i think that is a "win" in the right direction for this coming year.

Just gotta hope the Carolina pick is a high one also and were golden going in to the year after to take the "leap" if Feilds is the guy. If not, got the ammo to do damage in the draft.

Poles has set himself up pretty good i must say for the next 2 years.

I don't think we are finished on the DL...I expect us to sign at least one of the vets out there to a fairly sizable 1 year contract...

LE...DeMarcus Walker...Rasheem Green  

NT...Andrew Billings...Justin Jones  

UT...Garvon Dexter Sr...Zacch Pickens  

RE...Free Agent...Trevis Gipson...Dominique Robinson

Personally I would like to see us sign two defensive ends with one competing with Robinson...

I think the depth inside looks much better with the signing Billings and drafting the two guys pretty early...I also expect Walker & Green to get some reps inside on passing downs.

I terms of wins next year? I have no idea right now...so much of this rests on Fields taking the next step as a passer...Poles & co have taking the right steps to try and help him with adding two starting linemen and upgrading a third spot up front...we have added a true #1 WR as well as depth at the WR & TE spots...even at RB I think the overall room is stronger this year than it was last year...now it is down to Fields to take that next step in order for us to rack up wins on a consistent basis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think we are finished on the DL...I expect us to sign at least one of the vets out there to a fairly sizable 1 year contract...

LE...DeMarcus Walker...Rasheem Green  

NT...Andrew Billings...Justin Jones  

UT...Garvon Dexter Sr...Zacch Pickens  

RE...Free Agent...Trevis Gipson...Dominique Robinson

Personally I would like to see us sign two defensive ends with one competing with Robinson...

I think the depth inside looks much better with the signing Billings and drafting the two guys pretty early...I also expect Walker & Green to get some reps inside on passing downs.

I terms of wins next year? I have no idea right now...so much of this rests on Fields taking the next step as a passer...Poles & co have taking the right steps to try and help him with adding two starting linemen and upgrading a third spot up front...we have added a true #1 WR as well as depth at the WR & TE spots...even at RB I think the overall room is stronger this year than it was last year...now it is down to Fields to take that next step in order for us to rack up wins on a consistent basis.

I have been saying for a while that we really need another pass rusher, however, I do think we are all writing off the development of Gipson and Robinson a little bit.  Robinson has a really high RAS himself and Trevis Gipson had 7 sacks in 2021 (starting 9 games) and then last year was transitioning into a new defensive scheme.  I want a veteran, but I wouldn't be surprised if by end of season, one of those two guys is playing more snaps.

20 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I have been saying for a while that we really need another pass rusher, however, I do think we are all writing off the development of Gipson and Robinson a little bit.  Robinson has a really high RAS himself and Trevis Gipson had 7 sacks in 2021 (starting 9 games) and then last year was transitioning into a new defensive scheme.  I want a veteran, but I wouldn't be surprised if by end of season, one of those two guys is playing more snaps.

I don't think anyone is writing either of these guys off but we knew Flus is going to want a heavy rotation on the DL so we need at least 4 that can play any down...I am still high on Gipson and think with more talent around him he can get back to being a productive player for us...I think him, Walker & Green are locks...after that we need that other vet presence who we know what they are going to give us...after that bringing in a lower cost vet to compete with Robinson can't be a bad thing...if he wins out then great but if he doesn't we are getting another quick fix before we go back into next offseason and look for longer term solution...I think the same should be the case at every position when we still have clear depth needs at TE, OL, DL & Safety.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The more I look at it, Im not sure we are going to be very eager on the Free Agent front here. 

Alot of us are still thinking of this in terms of making another move to compete. Im still not sure they are looking to compete necessarily, at least not as the top priority this season. Alot of the DEs that have been suggested (Clowney, Clark, Floyd) are 30, and likely wouldnt be part of our future. Ngakoue is already 28, and even Carl Lawson if he were to be cut is also about to be 28.

Im just looking at it as, if there is no chance they could be part of the future, Im not sure we are signing them at this point. Probably be more likely to be very active at cut down time, even though its only 1 official cut this year.

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The more I look at it, Im not sure we are going to be very eager on the Free Agent front here. 

Alot of us are still thinking of this in terms of making another move to compete. Im still not sure they are looking to compete necessarily, at least not as the top priority this season. Alot of the DEs that have been suggested (Clowney, Clark, Floyd) are 30, and likely wouldnt be part of our future. Ngakoue is already 28, and even Carl Lawson if he were to be cut is also about to be 28.

Im just looking at it as, if there is no chance they could be part of the future, Im not sure we are signing them at this point. Probably be more likely to be very active at cut down time, even though its only 1 official cut this year.

I could see us waiting...it doesn't have to be one of the guys out there right now but we 100% need someone we believe in even if it is for a year...that's why age doesn't really matter to me right now...just need a talented stop gap to allow us to get back to FA next year with plenty of money and more importantly the draft with plenty of resource.

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I agree.   I will be surprised if we sign a vet DE to a large contract.  Of the ones available I just don't see him pulling trigger.  

Poles is looking for bargains.  If one wants to sign for low $ than he will do it.   Lawson is an outside possibility if cut.   

But I could add that to my WRONG list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I could see us waiting...it doesn't have to be one of the guys out there right now but we 100% need someone we believe in even if it is for a year...that's why age doesn't really matter to me right now...just need a talented stop gap to allow us to get back to FA next year with plenty of money and more importantly the draft with plenty of resource.

It might not matter to you, but youre not signing these guys. 

Again, I still dont think we are necessarily trying to win games in 2023, thats a Fan thing. Nothing that Poles has said or done tells me that Winning is the #1 priority right now. Its still building the foundation, amassing as much young talent as we can, to be ready for '24 and beyond to make the moves of adding more talent to become a winner.

Leaving the DE spot to a rotation of Walker/Green/Gipson/Robinson/Lewis plus anyone else we pick up with the traits we are looking for, gets them high amount of reps, plus gets us answers about them going forward, and conveniently leaves a big reason for the Defense to still be sub par allowing us to keep losing for one more season.

Maybe we will pick up one of these 1 year vets, but Im not going to be shocked if they are counting on what we already have to provide most of the snaps for 2023

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

It might not matter to you, but youre not signing these guys. 

Again, I still dont think we are necessarily trying to win games in 2023, thats a Fan thing. Nothing that Poles has said or done tells me that Winning is the #1 priority right now. Its still building the foundation, amassing as much young talent as we can, to be ready for '24 and beyond to make the moves of adding more talent to become a winner.

Leaving the DE spot to a rotation of Walker/Green/Gipson/Robinson/Lewis plus anyone else we pick up with the traits we are looking for, gets them high amount of reps, plus gets us answers about them going forward, and conveniently leaves a big reason for the Defense to still be sub par allowing us to keep losing for one more season.

Maybe we will pick up one of these 1 year vets, but Im not going to be shocked if they are counting on what we already have to provide most of the snaps for 2023

No that is everything...you can have a year of utterly sucking...that's fine we all understood what was going on...this team now needs to progress...that doesn't mean winning 9 or 10 games...but with this roster if we aren't competitive in every game and pushing up towards that 6 or 7 mark then questions should be asked...

Signing one or two older players to one year contracts does not stop the development of this team...if anything if they come in and gives us 5 or 6 sacks & a bit of leadership before moving on next season to be replaced by a rookie there is nothing wrong with that...if the vet isn't good enough then we keep the likes of Robinson but to not want competition is crazy in my eyes.

3 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Iirc hasn’t Robinson only been a LB/pass rusher for a couple years.  Pretty sure he was a QB in high school.  I’m not saying to expect him to become an all-pro or anything,  but there is potential for him to make a jump.

22 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

It’s crazy to me that Ngakoue is only 28.  I’d expect him to be like 32 or 33.  Feel like he’s been in the league forever with how many teams he’s been on.  

32 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No that is everything...

Sorry man, its just not. If you arent even a true playoff contender (which we arent, it would shock absolutely everyone) much less a Super Bowl contender, it really doesnt matter what your record is. Fans keep getting ahead of themselves, especially Bears fans it seems since you've not really ever hit rock bottom and been part of a true teardown. You're back to wanting to skip steps, we just arent there yet. 

41 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

this team now needs to progress

The team progressing doesnt mean winning, you know better than that. Yes, the offense needs to look competent, but you are still mixing in alot of new elements, including very young Tackles. Its not suddenly going to be the Chiefs Offense out there. And while we added some real talent at LB, this DL (even if you signed two more DEs) is still very much a work in progress. I like the idea of Billings signing, and Dexter/Pickens have a ton of raw talent, but it still needs to be molded. Its not like we suddenly added Kevin & Pat Williams to the middle of the defense and its going to change overnight. 

45 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Signing one or two older players to one year contracts does not stop the development of this team...if anything if they come in and gives us 5 or 6 sacks & a bit of leadership before moving on next season to be replaced by a rookie there is nothing wrong with that...

Are we going to do this again? Do you really think Yannick Ngakoue or Jadeveon Clowney, two guys who cant stay on a team and are seemingly just Dollar Hunters at this point are brining in Veteran Leadership? 

We also already did pick up guys on this roster who have been in the league (Jones, Billings, Green, Edmunds, Edwards) who can bring whatever "Veteran leadership" you are looking for from outsiders. 

Ill say the same thing as I said last year with Quinn, why do we need a Veteran to get 6 sacks on this team? Even if those snaps are replaced by one of the other youngsters/someone else we pick up off waivers and they only give 1/3 of that production, that will cost us MAYBE a game or two (im being very generous there) and what is so bad about that right now? We get a better Draft Pick in 2024? Oh the Horror!

You guys would really like to win 8 games, never really being all that close to a Playoff spot (multiple of those likely coming in the last month of the season), and picking 15+ over getting 6 wins and likely a guaranteed Top 10 pick? I know what I would pick there without question.