The 2024 Draft. Tonight's the night...

vike daddy

8 hours ago, WeBlitz said:

Chargers and even the Patriots trading with Minnesota makes way more sense than Arizona doing it.

Arizona likely won't want to trade within the conference but I think 2 1sts this year might be too much for their GM to pass on. He loves his draft capital.

20 hours ago, swede700 said:

True they could but I see the Giants taking him and the Chargers getting a CB 2nd round, which is a massive need for that team I would say.

They can get any number of backs later on in the draft, cannot get top flight CBs though.  As for the Vikings, not likely, especially since they do not even had a 2nd round pick.  

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Arizona likely won't want to trade within the conference but I think 2 1sts this year might be too much for their GM to pass on. He loves his draft capital.

I don’t think he would want to get burned again like he did by Houston by that pick ending up wayyyy lower than being projected & also Will Anderson being really good already. Not to mention he always has 6 top 100 picks already. 

Edited by WeBlitz

Qwan'tez Stiggers is an American football defensive back for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL). Unlike most professional football players from the United States, Stiggers did not play college football.

At the urging of his mother, Stiggers tried out for and signed with Fan Controlled Football (FCF), a livestreaming indoor American football league. He played during the 2022 FCF season and caught the attention of former Toronto Argonauts offensive coordinator Josh Jenkins, who suggested he should try out for the Canadian Football League.

Stiggers signed with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL) on January 4, 2023. While many expected him to be cut during the preseason due to his lack of college or professional experience, Stiggers made the team's initial regular season roster and also became a regular starter for Argonauts during his rookie 2023 CFL season.

He played in 16 regular season games where he had 53 defensive tackles, three special teams tackles, and five interceptions. By the end of the year, he was chosen as the CFL's Most Outstanding Rookie and as a CFL East All-Star, as well as selected to attend the 2024 East–West Shrine Bowl prior to the 2024 NFL draft.

wiki

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Stiggers continues to defy the odds even after surprisingly being snubbed an NFL combine invite last month. A player who missed out on playing college football due to tragic family circumstances is trying to defy the odds by becoming only the fourth player in the common era to be drafted into the NFL with no collegiate playing experience.

https://www.si.com/cfl/fannation/news/qwantez-stiggers-pro-day-cfl-star-nfl-draft

Stiggers grew up in a family of 13 children and attended The B.E.S.T. Academy high school in Atlanta where he played American football, basketball, and baseball. One of his brothers was almost left as a quadriplegic after a spinal cord accident playing football. Stiggers' father was involved in a serious car accident in February 2020, and later died in September, while Stiggers was a brand-new freshman at Lane College in Jackson, Tennessee. His father's death caused him to enter into a significant depression that resulted in him dropping out despite being on a scholarship.

wiki

Edited by vike daddy

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Qwan'tez Stiggers is an American football defensive back for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL). Unlike most professional football players from the United States, Stiggers did not play college football.

At the urging of his mother, Stiggers tried out for and signed with Fan Controlled Football (FCF), a livestreaming indoor American football league. He played during the 2022 FCF season and caught the attention of former Toronto Argonauts offensive coordinator Josh Jenkins, who suggested he should try out for the Canadian Football League.

Stiggers signed with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL) on January 4, 2023. While many expected him to be cut during the preseason due to his lack of college or professional experience, Stiggers made the team's initial regular season roster and also became a regular starter for Argonauts during his rookie 2023 CFL season.

He played in 16 regular season games where he had 53 defensive tackles, three special teams tackles, and five interceptions. By the end of the year, he was chosen as the CFL's Most Outstanding Rookie and as a CFL East All-Star, as well as selected to attend the 2024 East–West Shrine Bowl prior to the 2024 NFL draft.

wiki

That’s incredible. 

• Like 2

On 4/3/2024 at 10:27 AM, vike daddy said:

with the Bills trading away Diggs and being a WR needy team, could that mean they want to trade up into the top ten to draft a top receiver from this class?

becoming one more team to push a QB or two down a slot...?

That would be astronomically expensive for Buffalo to move up that high.

Good to see Penix Jr getting more love, and I totally buy that the Raiders if Al Davis was still alive would select Penix all day long, and still could even with Minshew.  But hopefully teams are worried about the medicals and pass on him and Penix is sitting at #23 for Minnesota, but it would be a gamble assuming that would even happen and not take him at #11.

Is odd though, Achilles tear is way worse than an ACL tear.  The Falcons just gave Cousins $180 in a four year deal and he just had an Achilles tear, Penix Jr had those ACL tears almost three years ago and has completed two full seasons injury free most recently.

What Lombardi says at the end is key and most already know it, how the QB and coach/organization connect is huge.  And clearly again most know that Minnesota is the best situation for basically any QB in this draft out of the top 15 picks.  It is the best spot no doubt about it with the head coach, organization in general and offensive talent on the roster.  

However if that is true, and it is a great spot for almost any QB than having Sam Darnold should be enough and they absolutely should not be trading away three 1st rounders to go get a QB.  Rather sit and wait and see who falls and if it is the right guy take them at #11 or #23.  

On 4/5/2024 at 6:38 AM, SteelKing728 said:

They'll trade to the highest bidder.  The only teams they probably wouldn't trade with are the ones within the division.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

That would be astronomically expensive for Buffalo to move up that high.

Agreed, especially if the Bills can just sit and wait and select Adonai Mitchell or Brian Thomas whoever is there bottom of the 1st.  Or Keon Coleman if those others are gone or wait into the 2nd for Johnny Wilson, Ladd McConkey or Ricky Pearsall.  

Also they signed Samuel and Mack Hollins so that will give them cushion as well, and Shakir really is promising.  So yeah no way they trade away tons of 1st rounders to move up, there could be a very good quality WR at their pick in the bottom of the 1st.    

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Agreed, especially if the Bills can just sit and wait and select Adonai Mitchell or Brian Thomas whoever is there bottom of the 1st.  Or Keon Coleman if those others are gone or wait into the 2nd for Johnny Wilson, Ladd McConkey or Ricky Pearsall.  

Also they signed Samuel and Mack Hollins so that will give them cushion as well, and Shakir really is promising.  So yeah no way they trade away tons of 1st rounders to move up, there could be a very good quality WR at their pick in the bottom of the 1st.    

Very much doubt that Brian Thomas falls to their pick, but I could see them willing to move up if he's there.  The problem is Buffalo doesn't have a lot of extra draft picks in the first 3 rounds after sending their 3rd to Green Bay for Rasul Douglas.  Unless they're willing to deal in future picks, I think they're going to be limited in moving up the board.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Very much doubt that Brian Thomas falls to their pick, but I could see them willing to move up if he's there.  The problem is Buffalo doesn't have a lot of extra draft picks in the first 3 rounds after sending their 3rd to Green Bay for Rasul Douglas.  Unless they're willing to deal in future picks, I think they're going to be limited in moving up the board.

Yeah I have Thomas going to the Cowboys but Mitchell could absolutely be there or they could trade back a bit and get Keon Coleman.  Bills have plenty of picks and will get quality there, 2 4th rounders, 3 5th rounders and 2 6th rounders and 1 7th rounder.  They could pack some of the up to move up but still should be able to address WR with that 1st pick.