Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

Just now, incognito_man said:

He's either:

(1) unintelligent to the point where he genuinely did not understand what he was insinuating

Or

(2) intelligent enough to know what he was doing, what it meant, and what would happen (threats to his family, etc)

Pick one

1. You take things Jimmy Kimmel says at face value, I don't so this may or may not have happened. 

2. Jimmy Kimmel has said plenty of nasty things about people who he doesn't agree with that may have had similar consequences. I do believe that is called Karma! 

And you know what, if those things happened to Kimmel and people he's trashed, sometimes wrongly. they are both wrong for doing it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

We have a winner here folks! The man with a law degree for the win! 

My hand is raised because I was never one who said AR clearly and directly said Kimmel was involved in pedophilia. Didnt catch those words from me. My word choice was imply, infer etc....which I felt was wrong to do. There's simply nothing funny about it and it was totally uncalled for IMO. For this I was attacked as an AR hater and subjected to a whole host of "whataboutism" regarding Kimmel's method of comedy. Whatever.

I'm hoping it's over. Not sure I'd put money down on that hope however.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's blatantly obvious with the context that we have that Rodgers isn't making any insinuation that Kimmel is on Epstein's list. Rather he's returning fire for an insult Kimmel made against him a year ago when he called Rodgers a tinfoil hat and concussed for thinking the list existed. 

You should be able to take 1 and 1 and make 2. You hate Aaron Rodgers so you pretend it's "agenda" to get there lol. 

He never made any argument about the list not existing. He made a joke about the apparently intelligent Rodgers (according to you) making the argument that the release of information about UFO's was cover for the Epstein list.

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Fine , then you’re being a ****ty person. 

You know well enough you don’t have to directly say something to mean it. 

He didn’t literally call him a pedophile , but he made the connection with the meaning attached 

The only intent Rodgers had was to return a burn that he had received prior. He probably has a list of all the people who've mocked him that he can cross off once he gets the upper hand back. 

He's either:

(1) unintelligent to the point where he genuinely did not understand what he was insinuating

Or

(2) intelligent enough to know what he was doing, what it meant, and what would happen (threats to his family, etc)

Pick one

Probably number 2.  

You guys all claim to be ignorant about Jimmy Kimmel, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.  What if I told you he has accused people of the same things on his show, with no proof?  Suddenly this is a big deal because someone said it about him?  The guy is a Hugo Boss suit away from being a propagandist.  You just happen to sit on the same side of the aisle, so he gets a pass.  Believe me, I would be saying the exact same things about Tucker Carlson if he had been the issue.  

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

1. You take things Jimmy Kimmel says at face value, I don't so this may or may not have happened. 

2. Jimmy Kimmel has said plenty of nasty things about people who he doesn't agree with that may have had similar consequences. I do believe that is called Karma! 

And you know what, if those things happened to Kimmel and people he's trashed, sometimes wrongly. they are both wrong for doing it. 

Again.

Jimmy Kimmel makes jokes about TRUE things. He has to. He and his network(s) would be sued if he didn't. He has a team of fact checkers to avoid exactly what Aaron got himself into.

Why can't you get this this ocean sized distinction? It's literally the most important part of this...

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

The only intent Rodgers had was to return a burn that he had received prior. He probably has a list of all the people who've mocked him that he can cross off once he gets the upper hand back. 

What burn?

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:
8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He's either:

Or

Pick one

3). A petty man returning fire for a joke that did not care what the backlash towards Kimmel would be. 

That's literally #2

I agree. How did he return the burn??? By linking some guy he doesn’t like with a pedophile . That’s very serious stuff 

• Like 2

Again.

Jimmy Kimmel makes jokes about TRUE things. He has to. He and his network(s) would be sued if he didn't. He has a team of fact checkers to avoid exactly what Aaron got himself into.

Why can't you get this this ocean sized distinction? It's literally the most important part of this...

What Rodgers said is no different than an opening monologue for a evening show. There's nothing direct or being used as a statement of fact in what he said. Aaron didn't get himself into anything, what he said was a clever response to what Kimmel mocked him for prior. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If that was his intent, he doesn't appear very intelligent. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

I agree. How did he return the burn??? By linking some guy he doesn’t like with a pedophile . That’s very serious stuff 

Kimmel opened up that door for mocking him on the subject in the first place. Sorry I don't feel bad for him. 

Kimmel opened up that door for mocking him on the subject in the first place. Sorry I don't feel bad for him. 

How did he mock him?

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Again , you don’t have to directly say something to mean it. 

Right, but at that point, we at least have to be somewhat reasonable as onlookers and admit none of us know for sure what Rodgers was implying...just like none of us really know whether Kimmel wants/doesn't want the list to be released. It's all speculation beyond whatever inferences people want to come up with, and at that point, those inferences (and resulting conclusions) are almost always going to be tainted with some kind of internal bias. 

More than anything...it was a completely idiotic and stupid thing for Rodgers to bring up, especially on a "sports" show. Substance aside, what I took most from this was Rodgers being the attention-seeking guy that he is. 

• Like 2